Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who sells a good gm pin removal tool for stock wiring harness's plugs. I wouldn't mind buying a kit that will do gm and Delphi connectors. Also looking for crimpers for making new connectors.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Go to a hobbie shop and buy a piece of small brass tubing just slightly larger that the pin you are removing.

·
Creepy Ass ******
5,801 Posts
Matco part number MASTERM23 It was a bit pricey, but can do damn near anything. I'm doing my harness as we speak...

·
DON'T LIFT - JUST SHIFT
1,177 Posts
Big Eng has crimpers too.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does Snap On make a kit like matco? There isnt a matco truck around here that I have seen.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really only need one for GM harness's, have any idea what snap on calls it?

·
Cut me in or cut it out!
2,650 Posts
I have a old set of Snap-On pin removers, a TT600 set. The round pin tool separately is: TT-600-4. I also have a single round pin tool made by K.M. U.S.A. J-28742.

·
On the roller...
15,881 Posts
kd tools, lisle tool, round coin shape,looks like a spark gapper with 4-5 fingers... oreilys auto parts has them in there tool catalog
Matco sells those in a kit of 3 as well...

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
be careful the late model pin connectors the micro 64 pins use a very thin tool, much like a sewing pin and the test pins are smaller than the regular ones. As a GM tech we have the correct tools here at the shop. I have the MAC tools crimper it works better than snap on, havent tried the matco one

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Ebay should have them. You will prob want the green and yellow ones

Tim

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ran into a snap on truck today and bought the pin kit from them. Its not as big of kit as the matco but I havent seen a matco truck around. Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts