Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The may not be the right area to post this question in. But here goes. I need to get in touch with some one at GMPP to ask about a PCM for there LS7 ZO6 engine. I have installed a ZO6 LS7 in my 1932 ford out of a donor car. I know GMPP sells a stand alone PCM for their crate motor LS7s. But I need to know if the stand alone PCM will allow me to use the ZO6 cooling fan circuit. I heard the GMPP PCM was non programable. But that they had or were coming out with one that could be programed. So I need to tall to someone at GMPP. I went to there web site, but could not find a contact number. So does anyone here know how to contact them?

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
What is the actual problem you are having. The fan requires a PWM controller. You can get one from the dealer and it should fit many vehicles.

If you can fit it I would highly recomend using the c6 factory fan. It is one BAD MOFO !

The may not be the right area to post this question in. But here goes. I need to get in touch with some one at GMPP to ask about a PCM for there LS7 ZO6 engine. I have installed a ZO6 LS7 in my 1932 ford out of a donor car. I know GMPP sells a stand alone PCM for their crate motor LS7s. But I need to know if the stand alone PCM will allow me to use the ZO6 cooling fan circuit. I heard the GMPP PCM was non programable. But that they had or were coming out with one that could be programed. So I need to tall to someone at GMPP. I went to there web site, but could not find a contact number. So does anyone here know how to contact them?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the actual problem you are having. The fan requires a PWM controller. You can get one from the dealer and it should fit many vehicles.

If you can fit it I would highly recomend using the c6 factory fan. It is one BAD MOFO !
Thats what I have is the factory ZO6 fan. thats why I need to talk to someone at GMPP. To see if the crate motor PCM will have the fan circuit in the PCM they offer, for the factory fan.

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
No it will have Relays most likely. I would call the junkyard and get a fan controller or try the dealer for a fan controller for a c6. It is easily adjustable in the pcm as far as when and how much it is on.

Spending even more money on a non programble PCM seems like a good waste of money. If you need the part # let me know I should be able to look it up for you.

Thats what I have is the factory ZO6 fan. thats why I need to talk to someone at GMPP. To see if the crate motor PCM will have the fan circuit in the PCM they offer, for the factory fan.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Buy a BS3 for it. Fully programmable, and easy to use.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No it will have Relays most likely. I would call the junkyard and get a fan controller or try the dealer for a fan controller for a c6. It is easily adjustable in the pcm as far as when and how much it is on.

Spending even more money on a non programble PCM seems like a good waste of money. If you need the part # let me know I should be able to look it up for you.
I have the ZO6 fan & the factory Siemens fan control that is mounted on the fan. I am running the factory ZO6 PCM now. But we cant seem to get rid of all the junk in the PCM I dont need. But the PCM I am running works the fan OK now. I just thought if I got the PCM GMPP sells for their crate LS7s it would solve my other PCM issuses. AN if it has the cooling fan circuit in it, that would work. Thats why I wanted to talk to someone at GMPP. The part # for the stand alone PCM is 19166569 & for the kit is 19166567

1 - 7 of 7 Posts