Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Bracket racer
13,290 Posts
I work at a construction equipment dealer in the parts department. Right about the time I think I can't possibly get a dumber fucking question.....the phone rings again.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I work in the GM parts as well. Like he said this is a everyday thing we have to deal with. They need to make one on calling GM and trying to understand some of these people you have to talk to.

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
Well, I am a Ford parts guy and I can tell you right off the bat... you have to wait until they leave before you can flip them off!

:)

Other that that, it was DEAD ON THE MONEY!

That's why >I< don't work the retail counter. I'd much rather deal with techs. I can call them all the names I want and nothing happens!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Try working the counter for auto zone or advanced. if you think they are stupid then, just wait till your installing thier battery or wiper blades.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Try working the counter for auto zone or advanced. if you think they are stupid then, just wait till your installing thier battery or wiper blades.
Yup. Been with AZ almost 10 years. I thought I was safe not working the retail counter anymore, but the shops are as bad if not worse sometimes.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The other side:

counter: can i help you?

customer: Yes, do you have two 1 5/8" expansion plugs?

counter: what make and model vehicle? VIN? does the vehicle have a/c. 4wd? a/t?

customer: (silently thinking) wtf?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
LOL. My wife is a GM for Advance and I used to work p/t for a year or so back in the 90's when I was active duty.

There are some dumb bastards out there. Her store is about 1/8th mile from my work so I stop by everyday for lunch and after work. I tend to help ppl while I'm there. Some just want to make you punch them.

·
Head Phuckstick
18,833 Posts
I work at a construction equipment dealer in the parts department. Right about the time I think I can't possibly get a dumber fucking question.....the phone rings again.
Shit, Try having a guy tell you to wire around his ECM in his Rig because $1600 is too much to spend on it.. (Got that one today) I asked him if he wanted to drive the truck or tow it. WTF???? :rolleyes:

Shannon

·
Head Phuckstick
18,833 Posts
How about a truck dealership where the walk in customers don't speak English. I'm on the service side and get the same thing.

Nice video, I'm saving that link next to this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDnivh5Odfk
Yep. Thats what I been dealing with after leaving the fabrication industry just four weeks ago.

Shannon

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.