Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
King Shit on Turd Island
33,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the electrical section without any bites.

Can anybody list the part numbers for the GM 3, 4 and 5 bar map sensors? I always have a hell of a time trying to find these part numbers when I'm looking for them (yeah I know, I should write part numbers down when I get 'em).

Thanks, Jimmy

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Thanks Nick, I'm still looking for the 4 bar and 5 bar part numbers. Hell, even if I knew what vehicle they came on it would help.
I never looked that hard into the 4 or 5-

did that website that i listed have them?

Thanks

Nick--

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Is there truly a GM Part Number for the 4 and 5-bar units? Or are they just GM style MAP sensors that the aftermarket has released?

The 3-bar was on the Turbo TA (the one with the Buick GN engine).

What production car or truck was the 4 and 5 bar MAP sensor used on?

·
King Shit on Turd Island
33,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys, I assumed that the 4 and 5 bar map sensors were GM parts and not just physical copies of their 3 bar map sensor.

I'll definitely look into the threaded version.

Thanks again, Jimmy

·
Banned
18,113 Posts
Check out the people using the BS3, I think there is info there about the 4 and 5 bar sensors. I think I saw people with LSX motors running a lot of boost using something that came on some LS1 motor, not 100% sure though........

If you are using this with an EFI system, does your system handle something more than 3 bar? If you are just looking for a sensor so you can feed it into a data logger there are plenty of those around. Most of those sensors are .5 to 4.5 volt out, or 0-20mA out. I think most EFI systems are looking for 0-5 volt out.

·
Registered
650 Posts
FYI, the GM 5 bar map sensor is PN 12223861. It's listed at gmpartsdirect.com for $78 right now.

Now if only I could find a similar sensor in 4 bar. Googling 4 bar map sensor gets you a ton of hits on a Honda specific 4 bar map with an o-ring that looks like it's supposed to be bolted onto the intake/throttle body.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.