Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Who Farted...?!?!
3,485 Posts
have had good experience with em. those things work well! ...doing a build now with a set of mast ls3's on a 6.0. will be a nitrous motor.

·
WHO DAT???
15,828 Posts
How well do these perform on nitrous engines? Anyone have any personal experiences with them?
As an option to those I have a brand new bare pair of small bore All Pro LS7 heads I may be willing to part with. These are as cast, even with that I'm pretty sure they would outflow those LS3 heads and would do even better with a little bit of work. Just in case...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Streetknight has them on his new 408 i believe.
I do have them on my 408. As far as data, I can't really say at this point. ever since I got the engine in the car I'm fighting traction issues.

We've made some suspension changes and hope to get back to the track soon.

So far on a 100 shot having to progress to about 300' it's been 118 in the 1/8

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
We run OEM LS3 heads on a 3200# 4th gen camaro with 6.0 iron block, 416 ci.

They work real good, just have to watch the tune-up or it will burn em down quick lol.
They dont like much timing, or at least my setup didnt.

Easy mid to low 5 second setup.

PM me be glad to tell you what we found out.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got my CNC LS3's the other day from a guy on tech, they seem pretty nice.. I think I will run them as is for now, and try and improve on them over the winter..

Blackflag, what CC chambers? Did you chamber soften them?
I am going to chamber soften mine, and put a fresh valve job on em.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I just got my CNC LS3's the other day from a guy on tech, they seem pretty nice.. I think I will run them as is for now, and try and improve on them over the winter..

Blackflag, what CC chambers? Did you chamber soften them?
I am going to chamber soften mine, and put a fresh valve job on em.
Yes, the chambers were softened. I bought them used and they flowed 360cfm and were like 6 years old. Mike Duke did the port work. I hurt them, so got some new ones on the way.

Don't remember CC, but was close to 13:1 with them. Quench was tight because they had been cut a couple times after pushing water from previous owner.

I think my new set will last a long time with no problems until we REALLY get after it. I had too much timing in the tune up or the old set would probably still be fine. Working with a nitrous tuner and had my intake flowed so can't wait to get it back out. Also went with a new Jesel rocker setup vs the old harland sharpe setup I had that kept breaking shafts.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, the chambers were softened. I bought them used and they flowed 360cfm and were like 6 years old. Mike Duke did the port work. I hurt them, so got some new ones on the way.

Don't remember CC, but was close to 13:1 with them. Quench was tight because they had been cut a couple times after pushing water from previous owner.

I think my new set will last a long time with no problems until we REALLY get after it. I had too much timing in the tune up or the old set would probably still be fine. Working with a nitrous tuner and had my intake flowed so can't wait to get it back out. Also went with a new Jesel rocker setup vs the old harland sharpe setup I had that kept breaking shafts.
Solid roller deal?
I'm anxious to get this thing going, I am ordering the pistons for it Monday.. Most everything else is sitting here, just need to get the car ready to go..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts