Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious - does anyone know the origins or association of the GM logo cast into this intake? It seems to be associated with the GM factory race parts, since I've only ever seen it on some of the old 18 degree heads, SB2 intakes, and SB2 CGI blocks, but I can't find the actual image anywhere, couldn't spot it in old GMPP catalogs, etc.

·
Registered
33,201 Posts
Could that be a newer W for Winters?

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Remember when GM used the slogan "Heartbeat of America. That is just a continuation of that and is supposed to mimic an EKG monitor for the heartbeat

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remember when GM used the slogan "Heartbeat of America. That is just a continuation of that and is supposed to mimic an EKG monitor for the heartbeat

I always thought that was Chevy specifically. Looks a little off kilter for an EKG - I always thought it was a tornado/twister?

I just think its strange that a lot of people have seen it, but nobody really seems to know what division/parts campaign its supposed to actually belong to!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mystery solved - it's a shortened version of the "GM Motorsports" logo, which predated the GM Racing logo, which eventually went away when the individual GM makes ended up with their own divisions.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Nice find!!

I love all automotive trivia-history questions and answers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts