Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got this email from GM today,
We are proud to announce we have repaid our government loan – in full, with interest, five years ahead of the original schedule. We realize we still have more to do. Our goal is to exceed every expectation you've set for us. We're designing, building and selling the best cars and trucks in the world. Like the award-winning Chevy Malibu, the all-new Buick LaCrosse, the versatile Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon and the innovative GMC Terrain, just to name a few. We invite you to learn more about the new GM and join our community, by visiting gm.com.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I got the same e-mail, glad to see them doing better.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
GM isnt doing any better. Read up on it more...."GM is taking money from the wall street bailout-the TARP money- and using that to pay off their loans ahead of schedule" They are using bail out money from the feds to pay off loans.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Damn, you guys act like you dont want to see them do good. WTF, A lot of people depend on them for jobs, how would you feel if you worked for them ? A lot different i,m sure.:rolleyes:

·
The Media has an agenda!
25,768 Posts
Pfllltttt!!!! How much did they spend of the Taxpayers money$...to tell some bullshit to the Taxpayer..that they paid back the money they should have never got in the first place...:(

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
whew,,glad I got that bill paid off. I feel much better now.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Damn, you guys act like you dont want to see them do good. WTF, A lot of people depend on them for jobs, how would you feel if you worked for them ? A lot different i,m sure.:rolleyes:
for personal reasons, i DO NOT want to see them do good. i WAS one of those people that DID work for them and who they fucked over big time! that being said, i don't wish for anyone else to have their lives impacted by the mis-management of what used to be a great company. it has nothing to do with anything i'd post regarding their situation. but so far, the only thing they've managed to do is to come up with a way to grandstand in front of the media to give people the impression that things are so much better.

·
Registered
776 Posts
This is why the loans where paid off so quickly.

From CNN's Jack Cafferty:
So this week President Obama said executives at companies that get bailout money will not be allowed to earn more than $500,000 per year. Poor things. And if the companies want to pay them more than that, it has to be in the form of stock that cannot be sold until the loans are repaid to the federal government.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Im a GM man all my life and will never buy a new GM they can lick my nuts!
And that is the only reason they paid that loan off not because it was comming from there revenue.
There posting all this for the the sake exposure too make the people that dont know any better think they actually are doing well.
If the people think things are better people will start buying again.
They can fool some people not i! they have a big ass hole to climb out of!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts