Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/local/northeast-ohio/lordstown-general-motors-plant-to-end-production-wednesday/95-37ecd150-f941-411e-b79f-87d343a677f7

LORDSTOWN, Ohio — The final car has made it’s way off the line at the famed GM Lordstown plant.
And when the white 2019 Chevy Cruz appeared in front of him, reality set in for Shaun Winkler, who installs coolant systems inside the GM plant.
"That last car coming down the line, you see all the empty carriers behind it, for me, thats when it really hits ya,” he said. 1400 lay offs due to the plant closing.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Wow,I remember trucking by that huge operation for years on the Ohio turnpike,since the 70's. Back then,they said that would be the last plant GM ever closes,because it had all the modern stuff. Oh well. They announced today the last day for the GM Whitemarsh plant here in Md.,would be May 4th.

·
Aviation Section
25,376 Posts
Wow,I remember trucking by that huge operation for years on the Ohio turnpike,since the 70's. Back then,they said that would be the last plant GM ever closes,because it had all the modern stuff. Oh well. They announced today the last day for the GM Whitemarsh plant here in Md.,would be May 4th.
I remember that also, Westbound out of Pittsburgh to Wichita, it was on the North side of the road, huge plant! Sorry to see all the little people suffer once more while the bigshots get their golden parachutes and ride off into the sunset!

Dave

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
A friend of mine sells supplies to the Lordstown plan and he
told me a year or so back that there were labor problems in the plant,
I do not remember specifics but it ended up with the Plant manager
basically shutting down the 3rd shift with a plan to keep it shut down
long enough to surpass a lot of the lower seniority people's recall rights
who were the cause of the majority of the issues....

I guess they re-evaluated and decided mexico was a better option
where they already produce the sister car to the cruze.

Sometimes the power of the unions end up doing themselves in.....
I know that I watch some of the stuff that goes on in my work and
I wonder how long they will carry the sad assses that abuse the system.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I remember that also, Westbound out of Pittsburgh to Wichita, it was on the North side of the road, huge plant! Sorry to see all the little people suffer once more while the bigshots get their golden parachutes and ride off into the sunset!

Dave
I agree it sucks for the good employees that did their part and the senior
execs will get promoted or bought out with a nice payday....
The good guys get screwed again.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Between my brother and I, we've owned 6 first generation Cruzes. None of those cars had any issues related to assembly. They've all had some issues related to design and materials, but they were cheap and easy to fix. Sorry to see small cars built by Americans and the jobs they support go.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Hate seeing Americans lose their jobs. I have been through the GM plant closure before. You go in with a life long plan then globalism kicks your ass. Meanwhile, those in Congress are shitting in tall cotton as usual. They sell out their constituents without consequence. They go in poor and come out multi millionaires while the majority are looking for a fucking meal on their plate. Oh wait, no pun intended. One day our asses will be kicked because we will no longer have the means to manufacture. Fuck globalism and Fuck cheap imported labor.

·
Custom User Title
1,687 Posts
Hate seeing Americans lose their jobs. I have been through the GM plant closure before. You go in with a life long plan then globalism kicks your ass. Meanwhile, those in Congress are shitting in tall cotton as usual. They sell out their constituents without consequence. They go in poor and come out multi millionaires while the majority are looking for a fucking meal on their plate. Oh wait, no pun intended. One day our asses will be kicked because we will no longer have the means to manufacture. Fuck globalism and Fuck cheap imported labor.
Quoted for the truth
Soon enough nobody will be able to afford their pos vehicles

·
Banned
26,908 Posts
ZERO FUCKS GIVEN!!...what do you expect from the unions?? That shit cannot go on forever with the amount of rampant greed from all involved.
China and mexico gets the work now. Unions are what helped "globalism" become the harsh reality of what is happening now.
They had their place at one point in time, where the unions did good. But that was long ago in a very different world, and today they cause more trouble than there needs to be.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts