Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone I’d the number pump this is?

Without seeing the inside, It looks like a slight positive sweep to me from the outside. I’m guessing a #0. The seller is claiming this is a #6. The fins do not look straight to me. Any ideas?

Correct me if im wrong, but what I understand, the GM 9.5 inch 245 mm unit’s #6 pump is a neutral fin pump while the 3, 4, and 0 are positive fin (low stall, low multiplication). While the 7, 8, 5, and 2 are negative fin angles (high stall, high multiplication).

Not being a converter builder and not seeing the inside, I sure does not look like a 6.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy crap! Nice! Thanks! With all things being equal, say with an 082 stator, how much of a difference in performance would there be?

im looking for a 6-082 but found this one that I believe is a 0-082, but the seller insists it’s a 6 pump. Which it’s obviously not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Say a 500 hp 500 tq LS. 4000 peak

just to give the guy the benifit of the doubt. Can a #0 be bent or modified into a #6. Does not appear so from the photos.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This guy claiming it’s a #6. There is no way. If it has an 082 stator like he claims, it would be a 0-082 unit and not a 6-082. He said 3500 stall. I think more like 2800-3200

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks man. You know, over the years, this is not the first time I seen sellers, claim a 6 pump then use a 0. Not blaming the private sellers. I think they did not know and we’re going by Wha they were told by builders. I don’t understand why. I’m guessing 6 pumps are harder to come by? Or people want high stalls for cool factor but can’t deal with the drivability issues and later complain so builders use the slight positive pitch of the 0 pump to get back drivability at the cost of a little stall. Based on my research the multiplication factor between the two with the 082 stator is only .17. I was really wanting the performance of the 6 pump but may go with this 0 pump unit. I just don’t want it to be too tight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hutch, would there be signs on the outside of a pump indicating that a fin angle change was completed? If I scrape off the paint? Like dark spots / hot spots where welds may have been placed on the inside of the pump showing a new fin location?

·
Registered
16,677 Posts
That black converter looks like a tsi piece. Why don't you look at the part number and call them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The black one was just a pic I got online. It’s an FTI with a Sonnax ring. I know it’s a six pump. It’s the first pic converter I was wanting clarification on. Some guy tried selling it to me claiming it was a 6 pump. Clearly it’s a 0 pump. My reason for this post was to determine if a pump could be modified by a builder and, if so, would it leave burn marks on the exterior pump cover.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts