Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a new project, decided that is will be a single turbo combo. It will be a street/strip car, driven/beat on running on 93 octane but raced on C16. My question is, how much can a stock 350, 010 block take? Is a drilled/splayed 2 bolt that much better than a stock 4 bolt? I have both a 2 bolt and a 4 bolt block, so that doesn't matter. I'd prefer not to fill it, being this car will get driven a lot. I plan on doing a blow through setup with a carb from one of the reputable builders (CSU, C&S, etc.). It will be either a 355 or a 383, with a cheap set of aftermarket heads (Patriot, RHS, Pro Topline, Dart Iron Eagle, etc.) and a roller cam, do you think I'll be able to squeeze 1000hp out of it? If so, how big of a turbo do you think I'll need? I was tossing around the idea of small twins, but I think a moderately large single will be more than enough, while being more cost effective at the same time. I've played with lots of N/A and nitrous cars, but never forced induction so this is all new to me. I'm not sure what I'll need/what I won't need regarding wastegates, blow off valves, boost controller, intercooler, etc. I'm also not sure what kind of crank/rods/pistons you need to take the boost, so I'll need some edumacating. Trying to do this somewhat on the cheap, so used parts are fine for me.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Safely, 900 hp for a stock block, Steel Center caps, Short fill.

Budget
4340 crank
L19 H-beam
2618 Piston
B/W S480 Single
JGS 50mmW/G, JGS 56mm BOV
EV Bonnet and CSU or C&S
MSD 7531

1 - 2 of 2 Posts