Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acquired what i think are a set of gm 18 degree heads but everything ive found talks about 352’s and 363’s. What exactly do i have here?
Photograph Tire Automotive tire White Light
Photograph Tire Automotive tire White Light

Automotive tire Rim Automotive design Font Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Rim Automotive design Font Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I have 2 sets of them stamped the same.Mine are rolled over to 16 degs.Lay your head on deck on table with valves in them and measure what you have for angle.Its been yrs since I ran them but iirc they have diff spacing than 363 heads and need pistons designed or flycut for spacing diffence.I think cfe did ours .

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Iirc 363 head can get by with .450 offset rocker and our 364s need .650 offset.Ours have 2.200 intakes and 363 prob only have room for 2.180 unless ex made smaller.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I look them up and 364 is 4.060 bore or smaller and 363 4.060 and bigger.Which is funny because cfe did ours for bigger bore and bigger valve.Must not of had any 363 castings when he did ours.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These haven’t been rolled much if any and are 2.150 intakes and 1.600 exhaust. Looks like theses definitely need new valve guides because of cracks at the end and the valves look sunk pretty far but im not a head guy and proactive a light deck. Just wondering if its worth investing a $1000 or so into these or am I wasting my time. Going on a 421 or 377 circle track modified.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Put 2.180s in and recut seats .With some attention they would make decent power for you for that money spent.You push guides out you need to recut seats anyway.As hard as it is to buy new ,probably better to fix those.

Reactions: jsf74

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
You will need to open chamber for bigger bore.We ran our engines in a boat.Later we cammed and went after total engine combos and each engine went in dragsters at 4.155x 3.550 stroke.We made right at 900 hp with each of them.

Reactions: jsf74
1 - 10 of 10 Posts