Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some decent racing gloves, that arent to bulky, and wont hinder the use of a transbrake button. Any suggestions?? Its hard to tell how they fit and are made, by looking at pictures on jegs website:confused:. The jegs/oakley ones look like a tighter fit, does anyone use these? Or are the cheap ones just fine.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I use the Stroud glove and they are pretty thin. No issues operating any buttons.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I use the Stroud glove and they are pretty thin. No issues operating any buttons.
2x on stroud! and they are local for me, so its just a drive down the road

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
What class are you running? The style & bulkyness of glove required will depend upon what SFI level of glove is required for the class you are running in. SFI 20's for instance are fairly bulky no matter who makes them. There's a huge selection of vendors for gloves. Usually the more expensive, the higher quality, lighter, and better fitting they are.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
yes what mike said! i bought a cheap pair of g-force last year and thats just what i got, a cheap pair of gloves! they were ripping after about 2 months!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
If your talking a 3.3/5 Glove look into the Bell Vision II Gloves I just got a pair from Speedway Motors and they are SUPER NICE for 89.99 and are very well built and double stiched in all the right places and have an EXCELLENT feel of for switches and Trans Brake Buttons and the like.

If your talking a 3.3/1 Glove well Sparco makes one they call the "Land Glove" that has a above average life span and "Feel" and they sell for around 60.00 thats pretty hard to beat.

RC

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Used to cut a small hole in mine years ago. Then NHRA officals got hip to it and would walk the lanes and have you show them your gloves. You had better of had another glove without a hole in it ot you were going hope on the spot.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Used to cut a small hole in mine years ago. Then NHRA officals got hip to it and would walk the lanes and have you show them your gloves. You had better of had another glove without a hole in it ot you were going hope on the spot.
x2, they used to make you hold up your hand in the lanes, lol. Especially if you were a Division 5 racer at a Division 3 event. :p

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Looking for some decent racing gloves, that arent to bulky, and wont hinder the use of a transbrake button. Any suggestions?? Its hard to tell how they fit and are made, by looking at pictures on jegs website:confused:. The jegs/oakley ones look like a tighter fit, does anyone use these? Or are the cheap ones just fine.
Fastman no matter what you get for a glove it will change your reaction times a little but like everything else you will adapt to it over time. If you are using a delay box obviously you will be able to adjust quicker by changing your delay. I think it is a smart move on your part wearing gloves just in case.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered a set of RCI gloves. I plan to run them for now, but I will be driving by jegs in columbus in july, and plan to stop by, and try some different ones on. I just didnt want to spend 120+ on a pair I could see touch and feel. Its gonna be alot of adjustments for me in a few weeks. I think gloves will be the least of my worries!! Going to dip into the mid 9's, so there will be several learning curves. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Be carefull - just because they have the right SFI rating does not mean NHRA will except them - it true - they must have full nomex in the palm side of the glove - just leather wil not pass - been there

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I find if I twist the right thumb of the glove constantly the glove will reshape itself so the material relocates towards the area you use to contact the button. Much better feel than the leather like stuff. Hope that makes sense.

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts
Used to cut a small hole in mine years ago. Then NHRA officals got hip to it and would walk the lanes and have you show them your gloves. .
That is the dumbest thing I've heard in years
A standard of safety is set..and u go cut a hole in the Farking glove....:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts