Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
You can do this with a lot of guns and switch calibers I switched my G 27 40 cal. to a 9mm G26 barrel so I can shoot more the 40 hurt my hand after a few mags so I went with 9mm and it is fun to shoot it

·
Smart Ass Conservative
112,702 Posts
x3

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,108 Posts
Whats worse is that it has mated and has offspring.

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
so I am not a Glock guy, what is the advantage ? more comfortable lower feel ? I know this also works with Sigs.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,108 Posts
I've been pondering getting a 10mm barrel for my G21. Because 10mm that's why. :-D

·
Satans Daddy
15,795 Posts
And you can neuter your 1911 with a .22lr barrel/slide.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I've been pondering getting a 10mm barrel for my G21. Because 10mm that's why. :-D
Is it that simple? Or should you swap out other internals?
If it is only barrel and mags, I may do it too.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
What other internal would it be? If you have ever taken a Glock apart the lower half has nothing to do with caliber. That leaves you with the upper. You basically have a slide, spring and barrel. Obviously the slide doesn’t change so at most you have the barrel and spring and both of those couldn’t be more simple to change.

If you have a .40 start with a new barrel and 9mm magazines. It will work just fine. If you want to experiment with lighter springs since the 9mm will have less recoil you can do that but it’s not really needed.

·
Registered
665 Posts
What other internal would it be? If you have ever taken a Glock apart the lower half has nothing to do with caliber. That leaves you with the upper. You basically have a slide, spring and barrel. Obviously the slide doesn’t change so at most you have the barrel and spring and both of those couldn’t be more simple to change.

If you have a .40 start with a new barrel and 9mm magazines. It will work just fine. If you want to experiment with lighter springs since the 9mm will have less recoil you can do that but it’s not really needed.
RIF

How does this have anything to do with my question to JBone about a .45 acp to 10 mm swap?

Ejector is in the lower half. It is affected by a caliber swap.
Extractor, extractor plunger pin, and recoil spring differ in uppers, as does firing pins.

·
Intellectual Turd Chaser
6,108 Posts
Here is a convo between myself and My6speedz about this very thing :-D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What all would I need to shoot 10mm out of my G21?

I know you have been talking about it and now that I have my poly8045 on my mechtech my intrest is piqued LOL

Thanks man!
Basically just the barrel and magazine.

However, some guys get erratic ejection. Some choose to deal with it, but to fix this all you need is a Glock 20 extractor. Others simply don't have a problem. So you can just get a barrel and see or pick one up ahead of time.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...on-steel-matte
Yeah I was wondering about the extractor.

Thanks for the info, I may have to do this!
Its a fun kick in the hand.

Also, a lot of people grab a second a guiderod with a heavier spring for the 10mm. A lot of guys shooting hot 10mil like a 22lb spring. Buffolo Bore talks about some pistols having to light of a spring:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
"FULL POWER 10MM AMMO

Full power 10MM ammo has always generated enough recoil and pressure to require a pretty stiff recoil spring in your handgun - this, of course, depends on several variables such as your slide weight, etc. When the cartridge fires, it generates enough pressure/recoil to prematurely open your breech face in some guns. When this happens, the opening breech face has an effect on the burn rate of the powder. This can result in some fairly high extreme spreads in velocity. If you are experiencing extreme velocity spreads of more than 50 fps, simply install a stiffer recoil spring."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure on all that. I've used factory because I didn't want it to malfunction with lighter loads. But it does seem kind of light. But this is all on a factory Glock 20. Haven't shot any 10mm from the converted PF yet.

Just something else for you to play around with in your head.
Definitely something to think about. Thanks for the info man!
Hell yeah man, anytime. Hot 10mil is really fun to shoot. I need to get some dies for it. But I don't own a .40 so I never had a reason for a set of .40/10mil dies until now. I've got a cart on opticsplanet ready with my 10mm conversion barrel in it. So I'm going to pick that a set of dies and a couple mags up. I'm excited. It'll be a thumper for sure. FYI, ETS says their .45 ACP and 10mm mags should be dropping around April/May this year. I grabbed a bunch of SGM mags for next to nothing from Gunmagwarehouse for the 45acp.

Have you put your PF in your Mechtech yet? I read they work, just maybe some light filing in the rear?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Good stuff! Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts