Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
10 mm is a handful,a 45,40,357 Sig,9 mm will do the job with a good hollow point.

·
Registered
114 Posts
People that say a 10mm in a glock 20 is a handful have never shot one. Its a pussy cat in that monster, now the grip of the gun is a handful for some. I shoot 155gr. xtp's with 15 grains of accurate no.7 and it's oh so sweet. I love a 10 a friend of mine killed a deer at 55yds. with his, I believe it was a 200gr. at 1200fps. that did the job for him. If you have any questions on the 10 feel free to ask.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For ammo we were looking at the 175 winchester silver tips. We're not opposed to smaller calibers, this is for a female business owner for carry-on personal defense handgun purposes.

I myself have used the .40 glock and think it was an easy to shoot hand gun. Maybe a .357 sig or .40 would be the way to go? I think a little more stopping power than a 9mm would be preferred since the sole purpose of this gun is to stop an attacker. This is where the 10mm caught my eye, similar to a .40 cal, with a little extra. The female is 5'8 175 pounds so I would think with training and practice using this firearm would be feasible.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well you might really wanna look elsewhere for something to be carried thats a pretty large piece to carry around. You could look at the compact models but I have heard them to be a bit vicious. However a compact .45 might be a good option.

·
Registered
114 Posts
NO no no. Just the compact .45 the glock 30. I would never recommend an unneccary caliber like the GAP it would just cost you more money in the long run for ammo plus I'm sure a lot of places simply don't carry it. However it does fit into the standard 9mm .40 frame size.

·
Registered
678 Posts
How about 45 acp in a model 30 glock (10+1) plus you can use G-21 mags for 3 extra rounds if needed. Cheaper on cost for ammo, good knock down, very easy to find if you buy ammo instead of reloading it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We're going tonight to look at some so we'll see which one fits best in her hand, not sure she could hold a .45 well, the reason I said the .45 gap was it fits the smaller frame which i think she could get her hand around better.

As far as more bullets here in cali we're limited to 10 round clips anyways when you buy new ones, you had to have the higher capacity clips before they started that gay law. At least that's what I remember.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yes,you did,you type faster then me but we think alike on the what works, 185gr moly coated gold dots with 6.9 gr. of win. 231 adds spice to the 45acp. for special occasions or .........

·
Registered
678 Posts
Glock 30 SF (short frame) would work, it comes with 2 -10 rd. mags, just buy extra mags. They don't limit how many mags you carry. 1 in the gun 2extras in her handbag some in the car.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I have a Glock 29 (which is a subcompact Glock 20) that I carry with. I carry with 175 gr. Winchester silvertips, and play with all sorts of reloads from mild to wild. I am a huge proponent of the 10mm cal.

·
Registered
678 Posts
The 10 mm is more powerful, has higher velocity. It's your choice, I have 3 G-21 and a G-30 sf on order so a 45 is what I like for carry. It comes down to whatever fits and what you can be most accurate with.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts