Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Could be a tight band or a leak at the servo.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Do you notice the car dragging in reverse or wanting to move forward in neutral?
If not it sounds like it should be ok but I would check the band adjustment to be sure.
Maybe Hutch or someone else can chime in with more info.

·
Super Moderator
19,579 Posts
That's what they do. Glides have no neutral , they are always running the planetary so when you rev them up , the resistance or drag in any part of the gearset makes the car want to go forwards.

Hutch

·
Registered
580 Posts
That's what they do. Glides have no neutral , they are always running the planetary so when you rev them up , the resistance or drag in any part of the gearset makes the car want to go forwards.

Hutch
Thanks for the explanation Hutch,does this only apply to a TB manual vb.I believe the stock glides I built had neutral.
just wondering.
Is the band applied in park like it is in low with certain VB.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
What he means by no neutral is......... It has a neutral but when in park, the input shaft is tied directly to the gearset.
The converter does not know your in neutral...... when you rev the motor in park, it will tend to want to lunge forward against the parking pawl....... If it did not have neutral, when you have it in neutral it would take off......right???.......... the band in NOT on in park or neutral..........

This is a totally NORMAL thing............ more noticed with a cold trans............

·
Super Moderator
19,579 Posts
A normal trans has more of a "neutral" because when its selected the input shaft becomes disconnected from the rest of the trans where a glide still has that connection. Just for an example , if the glide were in "neutral" as selected by the shifter and the gearset decided to break then bind , the car would then be "in gear". Never a good scenario.

Hutch

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thanks for the explanation RCM & Hutch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts