Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi hutch,hope you enjoyed your vacation,just got got back from tobermory myself.i just switched from a t400 to a glide and the glide does 2 things that i do'nt think it should do. #1 it will crawl
through the lights with the brake on if i leave over 5400 rpm,i used to leave @6200 w/the 3 speed on the convertor with no 2 step.#2 at the 1-2 it feels kinda soft,there is no rpm flare up it just feels like it takes a half second or so for it to grab ahold of the motor,and it gets worse if i short shift it.i bought this trans from an nmra hot street car,it was set up for small cid high rpm small block and i have a large smallblock that runs at a lower rpm.the car runs the same et as the 3 speed but picked up almost 3mph so far.is it possible it is set up to run in a higher rpm range than what i run it at????????????thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
19,741 Posts
Should shift regardless of what RPM you shift at and it should hold on the brake properly. Sounds like you have a dud. Could possibly be low line pressure , do a pressure test before pulling the trans out , verify the dipstick calibration and re check the shifter linkage as well.

Let me know what you find out.

Hutch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts