Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a joels on joy glide in my car 1.80 straight cut set in it. i bought used so i dont know exact details on brand used and such. behind a turbo sbf. was shaking the car down and making lic passes today and had a little tire shake on 1 pass and i lifted a little and it stopped,got back into it and finished the run. next pass i smoked the tires then after that i went 1.49 to the 60' and about 250 or so feet out it died. rear and u joints ok. car barely moves on its own and i can hear something in the trans broke. whats the consensus before i pull it? wont be doing it till this week sometime most likely. just tryin to get an idea what it might be

thanks

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what else do you want to know? or do you mean more specifics bout the guts of it?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Should be pretty obvious....Converter , pump , input shaft....
Check your clearance between the flexplate and converter mounting pads as you are removing the trans......

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok managed to get the trans out a little bit ago

obviously i cant fully inspect the converter but it "looks" ok, input also appears to be ok. easiest way to check the pump?

also before i removed it when i had it running the noise sounded similar to a broken rod flailing around. car had no fwd/rev movement cept when rev'ed in nuetral it tried to inch foward in the garage but that was it

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have the pan off now and there is def something good n broke in there. tomorrow or monday ill prolly tear it all the way down or just let someone do it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts