Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dedenbear case and tail housing
Has 1.76 gear set (not stock)

Trans has worked flawless for years , only one burnt band..

I has this trans freshened couple months ago and everything was great.. I ran the current converter I had from ulitmate for 2 engine only passes then bought another converter from a reputable company and put 7 passes on it and on the last pass it flashed and never stopped until it locked up around 500ft through the 1/8 mile
At the gear change it rattled (vibrated) some and couldn't feel the shift..

At the end of track the trans fluid was hot and could smell it..
Took converter out to have checked friday and trans was checked yesterday now the pump is scared to hell the input shaft on the converter end is darkened also the side of the shaft looks like the bearing is down bc the shaft is scared in circle motions around it. Also high gear clutches are gone and the clutched are cupped over..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Converter hasnt been checked yet and the current converter from ultimate was ran for 211 passes on nitrous with no issue

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bearing / converter was my guess too

What other issue would the trans have

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol
You right
We have it cleaned and waiting on the new pump and kit to arrive
I have to take the converter in to get it looked at..
What causes this?? Kinda sucks buying a new converter and it takes the pump and other parts with it..

·
Super Moderator
19,413 Posts
Its a bad situation for sure. Bearing may have broke , converter balooned and the bearing fell out of place etc. There are many reasons but we will have to wait for the diagnosis after you ship it away.

Hutch

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Converter company says that converter was flawless and no discoloration on any part
I don't see how when the Input shaft is black on the converter end

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Sounds like you had cavitation going on which will boil the fluid in a heartbeat. You need to look things over and determine why the converter would be starved for fluid. Either a supply issue as in low line pressure/volume, or an issue downstream letting the charge bleed out around the input shaft/etc. Was the paint burned off the converter as well?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing changed on this trans in 7 years it has been freshened each year but no issues with UCC's converter over 200 passes on it with zero issue and swap converters and 7 passes it's toast

1 - 11 of 11 Posts