Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a glide with a old pro brake and when I get on the t brake button it pour's out fluid, Look's like it's coming from t brake solenoid but not sure, Going to get some carb cleaner and clean the fluid then try look for sure, Anybody have this issue before?

·
Registered
435 Posts
i just bought a new powerglide and have the same problem i litteraly just took it out of the car. how much air gap should i have between my converter and my flexplate when its pushed the whole way back i have a 1/8 of a inch but i can only push it forward a 16th so then i have a small gap when i tighten the converter bolts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
i just bought a new powerglide and have the same problem i litteraly just took it out of the car. how much air gap should i have between my converter and my flexplate when its pushed the whole way back i have a 1/8 of a inch but i can only push it forward a 16th so then i have a small gap when i tighten the converter bolts
Should have 1/8 to 3/16 gap between converter and flexplate, some converters have the spacers built on so you do not need them. Also make sure the pilot is going into the crank.

·
Super Moderator
19,972 Posts
That tells me the converter is bottoming on something inside the crank or hitting the flexplate bolts. You don't want that. Have a look and see whats preventing the converter from touching the flexplate pads.

Hutch

·
Registered
435 Posts
That tells me the converter is bottoming on something inside the crank or hitting the flexplate bolts. You don't want that. Have a look and see whats preventing the converter from touching the flexplate pads.

Hutch
i have a sbf so i have a bushing between the crank and converter how far into the crank does the bushing have to be thanks bob

·
Super Moderator
19,972 Posts
1/8" inside the crank would be fine. You also need some room for the converter to move forwards and go furthur into the crank when its running. If you had a total of 1/4" play I would like to see it split in half. 1/8" in the crank and the possibility of another 1/8" of forward converter movement before the adapter hits the flat face of the crank pilot. Noting the 1/8" of forward movement to be the determining factor of how much is in the crank, so if there's more in the crank thats ok too.

Hutch

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.