Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a glide with a old pro brake and when I get on the t brake button it pour's out fluid, Look's like it's coming from t brake solenoid but not sure, Going to get some carb cleaner and clean the fluid then try look for sure, Anybody have this issue before?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Check the solenoid itself sometimes the plunger gets sloppy in the solenoid and leaks through the solenoid itself.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the solenoid itself sometimes the plunger gets sloppy in the solenoid and leaks through the solenoid itself.
Yeah most of the fluid is on driver side near the solenoid, It there a way to pull it out and check it?

Thank's for replys

·
Registered
217 Posts
Most OEM Powerglide cases are 50 years old and are cast, brittle Aluminum. It might be time for a aftermarket Reid or Dedenber case. Been there, done that. Good luck!

·
Registered
429 Posts
i just bought a new powerglide and have the same problem i litteraly just took it out of the car. how much air gap should i have between my converter and my flexplate when its pushed the whole way back i have a 1/8 of a inch but i can only push it forward a 16th so then i have a small gap when i tighten the converter bolts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
i just bought a new powerglide and have the same problem i litteraly just took it out of the car. how much air gap should i have between my converter and my flexplate when its pushed the whole way back i have a 1/8 of a inch but i can only push it forward a 16th so then i have a small gap when i tighten the converter bolts
Should have 1/8 to 3/16 gap between converter and flexplate, some converters have the spacers built on so you do not need them. Also make sure the pilot is going into the crank.

·
Super Moderator
19,473 Posts
That tells me the converter is bottoming on something inside the crank or hitting the flexplate bolts. You don't want that. Have a look and see whats preventing the converter from touching the flexplate pads.

Hutch

·
Registered
429 Posts
That tells me the converter is bottoming on something inside the crank or hitting the flexplate bolts. You don't want that. Have a look and see whats preventing the converter from touching the flexplate pads.

Hutch
i have a sbf so i have a bushing between the crank and converter how far into the crank does the bushing have to be thanks bob

·
Super Moderator
19,473 Posts
1/8" inside the crank would be fine. You also need some room for the converter to move forwards and go furthur into the crank when its running. If you had a total of 1/4" play I would like to see it split in half. 1/8" in the crank and the possibility of another 1/8" of forward converter movement before the adapter hits the flat face of the crank pilot. Noting the 1/8" of forward movement to be the determining factor of how much is in the crank, so if there's more in the crank thats ok too.

Hutch

1 - 16 of 16 Posts