Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've switched to a glide from a c4 behind a sbf. Here is my confusion, I was running 1.35's to 60ft with the c4 and going through the traps at 8.70's 158-160 mph. (this is a drag radial car) With the glide the car is going 1.29- 1.30 to 60ft then mph is up to 162 at the traps but ET has fallen way off to 8.90's. I notice mid track MPH is down about 5-6 with the glide. Is this normal? or maybe the converter is not right?
Any suggestions?? I was thinking the glide would help my ET"s more.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
More Boost?

No, seriously, what is your redline, shift point, and trap rpm? Any chance you have a datalog showing the 1-2 PG shift rpm drop? I'm guessing your rpm drop is a bit too much. More power/torque or a looser convertor would help.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no I don't have a data logger, I think you are right on the rpm drop. I shift at 7500 and trap rpm is about 7000. I wish it was as easy as adding more boost but this is nitrous car, maybe I should add another stage....

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
Converter sounds a little tight possibly , roughly where does the rpm fall back to after the gear change and have you changed the rear gear ratio since using the 3 spd?

Hutch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts