Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see anywhere on here them being told it was Illegal....... in the first few seconds the guy in the MT Shirt Jason Moulton from Mickey Thompson R&D looked pretty clear on the video that the tires were in Spec......... This was just after the 1st Qualifier on Friday night.......

Click here to see Video

·
Registered
209 Posts
I didn't see a definitive approval from the tech guy. It looked like the tire guy was a little nervous in the video. I wasn't there so I'm not making a statement that the tires were good or not. Just commenting on the video. From the video, I'll say it doesn't show enough. The video ends with the Tech still measuring.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I didn't see a definitive approval from the tech guy. It looked like the tire guy was a little nervous in the video. I wasn't there so I'm not making a statement that the tires were good or not. Just commenting on the video. From the video, I'll say it doesn't show enough. The video ends with the Tech still measuring.
I hope they don't beat you up for this post, but it's a honest reply.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Quick Vandiver is a fair guy and I am sure that if he thought it was a performance advantage he would have told someone, but nothing else has come out of the ADRL camp about it so it was allowed and if it is allowed then it is within specs..
End of story

I did think it was funny how Quick wanted to see the measurement on his tape measure instead of the M/T guy's tape.

BG is known for having a 2 headed coin over there so maybe he has a special tape measure also. LOL!

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I must have missed a thread somewhere.

Are they DQ'ing BG's record runs? Are they now saying the tire didn't meet specs/pass tech?

Can someone either link me to the thread, or update this thread with an explanation of what the issue is?

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick Vandiver is a fair guy and I am sure that if he thought it was a performance advantage he would have told someone, but nothing else has come out of the ADRL camp about it so it was allowed and if it is allowed then it is within specs..
End of story

I did think it was funny how Quick wanted to see the measurement on his tape measure instead of the M/T guy's tape.

BG is known for having a 2 headed coin over there so maybe he has a special tape measure also. LOL!
That wasn't BG it was Jason Moulton from Mickey Thompson

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I said he didn't want to use the M/T guy's tape.

I can see how you would have missed that now that I know you are an old car thug too!

·
Sophomore Member
1,976 Posts
I said he didn't want to use the M/T guy's tape.

I can see how you would have missed that now that I know you are an old car thug too!
Yeah, there are a few of those "generous" or "stingy" (depending on what advantage you need) tape measures floating around......

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
An 1/8th or a 1/4 inch is not enough tire to beat every other car by a at least 5 hundredths and a 10th over most of the cars.

With the 60ft times he was dishing out all anyone can say is WOW! He really knows his shit, like him or not he is one bad ass racer.

Congratulations to M/T tires also they proved that a nitrous car can get it done on their tires to.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I must have missed a thread somewhere.

Are they DQ'ing BG's record runs? Are they now saying the tire didn't meet specs/pass tech?

Can someone either link me to the thread, or update this thread with an explanation of what the issue is?
Somebody came on this site and said the rules in 10.5 were being "bent" for some of the Big Dogs.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67998

·
Registered
95 Posts
Somebody came on this site and said the rules in 10.5 were being "bent" for some of the Big Dogs.

The usual BG hatters will come up with something to try to take away from his win. It is always the he said she said BS!!! No one ever has facts!!!

The bottom line is Billy is a bad dude on a 10.5 tire!!!!! He gets the job done!!!! Congrats Billy, Shannon and Jason!!!! Great Job and congrats on the Win and Record!!!

·
Registered
2,700 Posts

Can't competitors typically challenge the legality of an opponents equipment and watch a post-race tech inspection?

A lot of classes in racing allow that, from go-carts on up.

Seems like if it got through tech and is allowed to run, the burden is then on a competitor to throw down the challenge (and be willing to be inspected themselves as well).

I've seen it where the challenger had to pay if the opponents equipment turned out to be legal.

Just an idea if that isn't already the case in this class.

·
Registered
175 Posts
so when did they start measuring like that, for what i know they measure from edge of tire with ruler up to other side with ruler up not lying the phuckin tape down on tire, if thats the case of the way they measure it, it would never be the same because tire temp and pressure makes tires grow and shrink.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
so when did they start measuring like that, for what i know they measure from edge of tire with ruler up to other side with ruler up not lying the phuckin tape down on tire, if thats the case of the way they measure it, it would never be the same because tire temp and pressure makes tires grow and shrink.
Its maximum tread width they measure for, not sidewall to sidewall. That means they are only concerned with the part of the tire that touches the ground. The way you are talking about is for measure sidewall to sidewall.

·
Registered
175 Posts
still the tire will very from temp and pressure! how can they do that? thats like saying you can run a slick with threads but not slicks them selves!

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
still the tire will very from temp and pressure! how can they do that? thats like saying you can run a slick with threads but not slicks them selves!
You guys are looking into this way too much. Billy already said his tires were a little too big at the beginning of the event, so, he ground them to get within spec.

TIRES: ADRL approved tire required. Maximum tire width, regardless of temperature or wear, not to exceed 12” (11.5” effective June 1, 2007). Maximum roll out of 105”, regardless of temperature or wear, as measured with vehicle off of the ground at 8 lbs of air pressure. Manufacturer, model and size information must be clearly designated.

·
Registered
175 Posts
so what he ground the tires, as long as they are at the rt size who cares, and for who made that rule needs his phuckin head checked, it's like me saying im a doc, and telling him the sun wont effect his blood pressure or suger level! what a dumb ass rule!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts