Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just posted a thread in the body section about them ripping me a new one for the fiberglass I just bought, and they really suck. I'd suggest people give thier dollars to one of the other companies.
Mike

·
Registered
239 Posts
I saw your other post. Was that shipped to a residential address, because I know that cost more than a business for whatever reason. I feel your pain on shipping cost when you think people are making extra profit from it. Im lucky glastek is only 45 minutes from me so shipping is not an issue.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was shipped to my chassis guys' shop, and the fact that I told them that he buys from VFN which is in the same exact town and the shipping is half didn't even faze the guy at glasstek. My invoice from New England transporters said the original shipping was to be $1047 and they marked it down 70% to $407. It should be about half that.
As for customer service, they flat out suck. I got no notification that it even shipped. They finally gave me the tracking number the third time I called them. I needed a couple of fender extentions to stretch the front end and he told me they would be about $100 when they actually charged $120 for each side! Serious comunication breakdown!
Like I said I could only return the stuff, pay the restocking fee and then wait the 6-8 weeks for another company to make and ship another one. I bought it, and just wanted everyone here to be warned that you might just want to shop elsewhere. VFN, Harwood, Hairy glass, etc...

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I Have dealt with the guys at glasstek numerous times , they have stayed open late when i was stuck in traffic trying to make it there to pick up parts. They have gone far out of there way to help me. I would recommend them to everyone there pieces are top notch. Just because the shipping charges were excessives does not mean its there fault. Sounds like they tried to work with you. Next time arrange your own shipping.

·
draggin' ass
13,408 Posts
I have had good dealings with them too. They sent me a hood in a week and a half (had to make it too) with shipping time to Florida to meet a deadline with a body shop and charged me nothing extra. Sad to hear your experience with them. As far as shipping, sometimes it is out of their hands as the shipper sets rates based on hassle and not so much distance.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I had great dealings with Glasstek as well. Good communication with me, and the product was very nice.

I'm fortunate enough that I can drive down and pick up the parts, so shipping was never a concern. I would buy from them again for sure, and probably will be soon!

Sorry to hear about your situation.

·
Fat Kid Racing
1,563 Posts
Should have made 100% sure what shipping was/is. I used them before and never had an issue.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
i bought a complete front end and doors and when they wanted to know how it needed to be shipped i asked them what it would be to be sent to florida. i was told roughly $350-$400. i said ill just put it on account with my trucking company. the shipment comes and i get handed a bill for $1100! i said, damn i could have drove up there(glastek)and back for cheaper. ended up being that fiberglass is highly flammable.totally different shipping charges. definately not glassteks fault at all. i bitched enough that they dropped it to $470.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I Have dealt with the guys at glasstek numerous times , they have stayed open late when i was stuck in traffic trying to make it there to pick up parts. They have gone far out of there way to help me. I would recommend them to everyone there pieces are top notch. Just because the shipping charges were excessives does not mean its there fault. Sounds like they tried to work with you. Next time arrange your own shipping.
They did nothing to try to work with me, and before I received the part I called them and we discussed the fact that the shipping was way out of wack. I was told I got the discount rate and it usually costs $600. That's absolute BS! My chassis guy orders out of VFN (same city) and knows the rate it should cost. Them at least consoling me somewhat would have gone a long way, and in my line of work customer complaints get some sort of action. They could have even offered to make good on some of it and give me a discount if they were "top notch". I have no recourse but to relate what happened here to everyone. If you can't drive over and pick it up, you should consider buying from another company. My $.02

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are a good company. You should have worked out the shipping cost before you ordered.:smt102
I tried to pay for the shipping in advance, and they told me "the freight company will call you with the amount". That never happened. They finally tried to deliver to the house out in front of the shop and then called the phone numer of the shop. We then asked and found out the amount. I called glasstek and was told the garbage about how it should have been $600 without any renumeration. Lame!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i bought a complete front end and doors and when they wanted to know how it needed to be shipped i asked them what it would be to be sent to florida. i was told roughly $350-$400. i said ill just put it on account with my trucking company. the shipment comes and i get handed a bill for $1100! i said, damn i could have drove up there(glastek)and back for cheaper. ended up being that fiberglass is highly flammable.totally different shipping charges. definately not glassteks fault at all. i bitched enough that they dropped it to $470.
Eddie and I have a similar deal. Now I understand what they meant by giving me the "discount". My original invoice was for $1047 in shipping, and they gave me 70% off. It was $407 after the discount. Lack of similar shipping costs between VFN and Glasstek is what bothers me. That and them basically having the mindset of "you paid us already, too bad". I could have refused it and reordered, loosing a month and the restocking fee. I accepted the deal, but I would warn others to arrange the shipping themselves or drive down. They aren't at all competitive, or cooperative with shipping. They didn't call me like I asked when it shipped with the tracking info, and weren't helpful when I called them freaking out about the high freight costs.

·
Registered
400 Posts
they did all the work on my lower spoiler,,,,, and i was overly pleased with the work and price,,,, although i dropped off and picked up,,,, the work was second to none

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I need to point out the quality was good, and I'm not unhappy with the product. The customer service was my issue, and the fact that the freight was with the highest vendor. I thought something was up when they just said the truck company would call me.

·
Registered
680 Posts
everything ive got from glasstec has been good ,but the rear bumper i just got is all twisted up

·
Registered
202 Posts
Robert and Tory (Glasstek) are a small company and produce a quality product. They do a great job crating stuff so it dosent get damaged in shipping. They ship large items via truck (freight collect) just like VFN. You got a front clip which is very large once crated and the freight company charges not only by weight but also by how much space it takes up in the truck, then tacks on charges for residential delivery, fuel surcharge etc.
Glasstek does NOT make any money on the shipping

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered a hood for my 2000 camaro and I was very happy with everything. If I remember correctly I wanna say it was like $200 dollars cheaper than vfn also.. I would order again from Glasstek .

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Sounds to me like your post is all wrong. You seem to be unhappy with the shipping co. and their rates more than anything.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds to me like your post is all wrong. You seem to be unhappy with the shipping co. and their rates more than anything.
Here's my post from yesterday. Explains it all.
They did nothing to try to work with me, and before I received the part I called them and we discussed the fact that the shipping was way out of wack. I was told I got the discount rate and it usually costs $600. That's absolute BS! My chassis guy orders out of VFN (same area) and knows the rate it should cost. Them at least consoling me somewhat would have gone a long way, and in my line of work customer complaints get some sort of action. They could have even offered to make good on some of it and give me a discount if they were "top notch". I have no recourse but to relate what happened here to everyone. If you can't drive over and pick it up, you should consider buying from another company. My $.02

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Read it all yesterday. Doesn't explain anything.You keep bringing up that your chassis guy is also a shipping rate expert just because he has bought similair parts from a totally different company in the same area.That doesn't mean shit. Did he buy the exact same parts from VFN and had them shipped by the exact same freight service? If he did then maybe what he said about the shipping cost might be right. The thing I really don't understand is why did you buy Glasstek in the first place. We all know your chassis guy obviuosly likes their product and gets great shipping rates to boot.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts