Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a VFN glass door on my 68 cuda. (First time doing a door) It lines up nicely w/ body lines and shuts better than the original. Near perfect (for me) execpt lower rear corner of the door is sticking out like a sore thumb (1/4"-3/8"). Nothing in the jam is hitting. Kinda looks like the door is just warped. Was thinking of pie cutting the jam to pusk outer skin in and re glass it, but wanted second opinion before I went to hackin on it.

Link to pics (won't let me post attachments here)
http://forums.dragcoverage.com/showthread.php?p=376322#post376322

·
Registered
742 Posts
had the same problem on a door once did just what your asking about sliced the door jam pulled the door back together and reglass it did a little body work on jam door fits and closes perfect

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you fit the door with the fender on ? how does the bottom of the door look at the rocker ?
Yea, fit it w/ fender on. gap on bottom is even all the way, just sticks out. Sounds like I just need to cut it like I planned.

Thanks, for the help

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I see the door fits flat at the top of the door/fender,how does it fit at the bottom between the door/fender?NOT the gap,but the flatness of the door/fender with the door closed??? If it sticks out there, adjust it in there if you can. OR you may have to slot hinge bolt holes and then adjust it in to match!!DR

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I'm in this trade for 30 years and counting and I've done a LOT of restorations if no-one believes me I have some pics to prove it, I'm not saying I'm Mr. know it all but I do have some smarts , it might be a matter of just notching where the door bolts on the hinge to allow the whole bottom of the door to be moved towards the rocker panel , also in the "ole days" with fiberglass hoods I've taken the hood out in the baking sun and put 2x4's on the edge of the hood with wieght and left it sit out for about 6 hours, I'de like to see more pics ... also your gap is off , try moving the hinges on the body forward a tad top and bottom , there is a few adjustments you have to do , dont get discouraged and do what I think your gonna do lol

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i see a body line off at the crease above the handle.looks like ya can move the door striker in some also.ive shimed out doors on the hinges and fenders b4 to keep from cutting doors.like the above post said ..ya be amazed what some 2x4 and straps will do to glass in the heat.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I have to give the guy enough credit to know to look at the lineup on the rocker, I assume he knows that and already has taken that into account. He is looking for a solution to a warped door not an adjustment. But then again its YB who knows....

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I have to give the guy enough credit to know to look at the lineup on the rocker, I assume he knows that and already has taken that into account. He is looking for a solution to a warped door not an adjustment. But then again its YB who knows....
I can give credit to it being warped , I mean what else is new with them parts, as I stated in my previous post what I do with that stuff but I guess you must have missed it , I been doing this shit for over 30 years , if you want to pick my brain feel free to do so in another thread , I'm just trying to help the guy out from personal experience and not asking a buddy who owns a body shop how to give answers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts