Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing "ethical hacking" for about 15 years as a consultant and owned my company for 5 years doing work for banks, gov, and private sector companies.

I'm tired of dealing with banks, so I started hotrodhackers.com and this company focuses only on the motorsports industry.

To show the value and importance of website security, I would like to give away ten(10) free web application security assessments. So if you have a motorsports website and would my company to perform a free security assessment get in touch.

Basically, we would perform a complete assessment of your website and web server to identify any security risks and write a detailed report with executive summary and technical information. The report identifies potential vulnerabilities and explains how to correct any problems.

If a website accepts credit cards, its required to have this type of test annually and would normally cost 5k-15k. But I figured that this is the best way to get my company name out in the industry. If you are happy with the work, I figure that you would tell other business owners etc. Same if your not happy.

More info on PCI regulations for companies that accept credit cards:
https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/

·
16,312 Posts
Since you don't seem to be getting many volunteers, you are welcome to do one of the sites on my server (not a car site) as long as there will not be any hidden agendas. discountfiling.com

Maybe this will get the ball rolling for you from others here and I will throw you a link up on a few of my sites and if you have a rank image, I will put it on the sites you want to test.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man- No hidden agendas. I just found that word of mouth is the best advertising vs. spending a lot of money on marketing etc. I'll send you a PM with my contact details and will start the assessment on that website for you today and will have a report by Wed.

·
Registered
592 Posts
How about cleaning this place up? Had to do a system restore after visiting here last week. Wouldn't boot up clean.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about cleaning this place up? Had to do a system restore after visiting here last week. Wouldn't boot up clean.
If monty asked me to review the sites security then I would, but I can't do any testing without permission.

Make sure that you run windows update and your web browser is updated to the latest version. I'm on here everyday and haven't had any malware problems.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Man-

I got started on it last night, and just have to finish up some manual testing and verification. Today I will write the report and PM you the detail.

·
The X-Bomb
4,363 Posts
Man that was a very detailed report. It opened my eyes and was able to fix most of my security flaws in my site that i didnt even know about! thank you very much! I recommend to anyone that takes credit cards get this done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts