Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I had Geico 6-7 years ago, they had good rates.... then one mishap and they put the screws to me. So I switched to AllState, then about 6 months ago, I decide to just "shop" and see if I could get a better rate.... Geico blew them out of the water, so I switched back.

I think the moral of the story is it is good to "shop" every few years, or for me I am going to shop again next year.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have had it on all my bikes...Love there prices and customer service but i have never had to deal with there claims dept. I heard they are very fair when it comes to claims though... Best of luck

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
have them and just put two new cars on. i had a claim in the past, where i was driving my dads truck, and they covered no problem

·
Registered
578 Posts
Have you ever wondered about
where Geico came from ?

Geico was the original insurance company for Govt. employees.

G- Government E- employees I- Insurance CO- Company

Not sure if they still provide for them, but that's where G-E-I-CO came from ...

... as for the lizard, or the Gheko , who knows ...

:smt103

·
Registered
382 Posts
My son had an accident while I had Geico. Wasn't his fault and I can't say enough about them. They did us right. But having said that, I got a better deal after shopping around and had to move on. As was said, it's always good to check every couple of years.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Had them myself for over 10 years, maybe could save a couple dollars with another company. But, they have always done me right.

·
Banned
15,567 Posts
Half the price of Nationwide. Rates didn't change after an at fault collision.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've had them for the last 5 or 6 years and rates have slowly dropped staying with them, definitely never gone up. But, also never had a claim with them.

Also to answer the question about them being for Government employees. I am about to enlist in the Army and when I called about possibly getting a discount for being an enlisted service member, the customer service rep mentioned she was in the Army also. And that once I was enlisted to give their military line a call and they would be able to give me a significant discount but, said it was all dependent on your driving record. Which *knock on wood* mine is good.

She also mentioned that they offer their own social network type site for service members who are deployed to keep in touch with family and friends. As well as a storage deal to help you store all stuff while you are deployed.

I will probably compare them to USAA once I enlist, but I have no other reason to change as of yet.

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
Fuck Geico... When you need them they are not there for you! I was a customer for 12 years and they shafted me pretty good.

I switched to Allstate and its been great so far!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.