Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't say enough about how great Gibbs Race Cars in Mooresville NC is (http://www.gibbsracecars.com/). I brought my car to them back in September with the request of putting it on a diet and trying to make it look a little nicer... What I picked up this last week was beyond my expectation. These guys are the best. They care about what they do and it shows. I won't say how much I spent with them but I will tell you that the budget they had to work with is not nearly what the car looks like I spent. The paint and parts alone probably exceeded my budget but somehow they made it work and their attention to detail is just amazing. These guys bend over backwards and they treat your car likes it their own. I also want to say a special thanks to Jonathan Gibbs. This guy is meticulous. Now, my car has never been much in the looks department. It would move out but it was a 40 footer at best. It doesn't even look like the same car... thank you to Donnie, Jonathan, Kenny from CFM and Ted!!! Ted was my painter; I never had the pleasure of meeting him but after seeing what he did on a shoestring budget I sure wish I had a chance to say thank you and shake his hand. They installed a CFM ( http://www.compositeshop.com/) fiberglass front clip, hood, doors and hatch along with custom making Margard lexan windows all the way around. You can't tell in the after shots but the car is a hellish bright white that has a metal flake and pearl; if you like white you would love this car in the sun... looks totally cool. Again... Thanks Guys!!!

This is what it looked like before I dropped it off:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Looking good! Whos doors are those? How much weight did you pull off?

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
CFM doors. Haven't weighed the car yet be we are hoping it is around 2100# now. We think we shed a little over 300#.
2100lbs that's a light car , it is going fly

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Should of had them make a notch out of it that saved us 80lbs when I did mine

·
Registered
955 Posts
Iooks good. I have to say in the past ive heard some say negative things about gibbs but in the last few years ive seen some nice stuff come out of his shop. If anyone ever gets a chance to check out Dale Mcswains camaro it is truly a work of art.

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Iooks good. I have to say in the past ive heard some say negative things about gibbs but in the last few years ive seen some nice stuff come out of his shop. If anyone ever gets a chance to check out Dale Mcswains camaro it is truly a work of art.
This is the second time I have worked with these guys. They also did the chromoly cage that is in the car earlier this year. One of the reasons I came back to have this work done is the cage is also a work of art. They got fussy over a few thousandths of a inch and the welds are textbook perfect. This is also a job where they hit the time schedule to the day and came in to the dollar what they quoted. In my experience this is pretty rare and to be honest I thought it was a fluke... but then... they did it again on this job. I think in this business you always find someone who is pissed off but that is usually due to the budget and then the expectation. I know what things cost and what I received in return and I promise you that they don't exactly add up. There is no question in my mind that this was a really good deal and done better than it should have been given the budget. I wouldn't hesitate in sending any of my friends there or trusting them to do anything on my car.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Looks good! We were pitted next to you in benson with the camo turbo car. Can't wait to check it out in person.

Ken

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
looks very nice thanks.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Very nice!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts