Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My windshield has started to loose some of the coating on the lexan and looks terrible. I have tried polishes but nothing seems to work. Anybody have anything that works?

·
140th phuckstick bitches
13,678 Posts
I would think you could do the same thing I did to remove the scratch's from my eye glasses.
The most popular remedy for plastic lens scratches is a glass-etching product called Armor Etch. Armor Etch removes the anti-glare and anti-scratch coatings on plastic lenses, leaving the original plastic lens intact. Because it is a glass-etching chemical, it does not affect plastic but must not be used on glass lenses. Other abrasive products like cleansers also remove the lens coatings without harming the original plastic lens beneath.

Arts and craft stores sell "Armor Etch"

Here's the process using Armor Etch
http://www.wisebread.com/armor-etch-can-be-a-cheap-fix-for-your-scratched-eyeglasses

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Not sure if were talking about the same thing but... Mine were starting to peal over time so I just went with it and took it all off. A heat gun and tape works best for that. Heat up an area and apply some clear tape, then rip it off. It takes some time but they will look new again.

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
17,200 Posts
Hey Jeff, thanks a bunch! My lenses are all messed up from the coating being fubared, brake cleaner eats that shit like nothin..:mad:. Im gonna give that Armor Etch a try tomarrow for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts