Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say you have a Bigstuff3 box in a 98 firebird. Well, in our state you have to plug into the OBD2 datalink port for a scan on 96+ year model vehicles. At some point somebody has to lie to the state whether it be the station doing the inspection or the person getting the sticker. So is there some trick shit that is available that I can get to take the place of that since all of the OBD2 stuff is gone and doesn't communicate with the BS3? I am certain that I can pass if I can get around the OBD2 datalink connectivity part.

How do all these guys get inspection stickers? Yeah, I realize you have to know someone, but some of these cars I'm seeing I'm like, WTF? How? I know a guy that has a station, and he honestly tells me that he can't figure out how to get around it. He said he might be able to if he had another car like mine of the same year on the lot. He could just plug into it for the OBD2 plugin part.

What if I bought a totaled, and unidentifiable pre-96 year model firebird shell and jack the vin tags from it? Lol.

Hey, if you'd rather PM me some info instead of posting out in the open, then have at it. I don't need names, etc. I'm just trying to figure the deal out.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
what state? in Pa if you have owned it over a year and drive it less than 5k miles, its exempt. Or you could get a specialty Registration. Classic, or collectors vehicle, then you wont need emmissions. Again, im talking Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i know the PA rules are online. go onto to Lousiana DOT website and check the rules.
Got the rules down, and thankfully that's been the easy part. Trying to figure out if there's some device out there, or something I can make to lie to the inspection equipment so that it thinks I have all the OBD2 shit in order. That includes readiness monitors, no current DTC's, etc.

Friend has insp. station, and we're trying to figure the deal out.

Thinking back on the whole deal I should have probably went with HP tuners, or something to edit using the factory PCM. That way I could still have an active OBD2 datalink test connection for the inspection station.

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
Don't connect the data cable, and when it reads connectivity problem continue test ? Hit the YES button.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts