Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my small block freshened up and I need some advice. I plan on some small shots of nitrous around a 150 shot and I'm unsure if I should spend the extra money and go with the cometic .027in MLS gaskets for 130 or the GM .030 MLS for like 40 bucks. I don't think the .03in makes a huge performance difference I'm more concerned about sealing. Also I have the older style crane spring lifters with the horizontal bars. Does crane rebuild these if not what's a cost effective replacement for a solid .560 in lift cam. Nothing crazy maybe 7400 rpm shifts. I plan on just regular moly rings and bearings. Plate hone and cam bearings anything else you guys recommend?

·
Butch
8,209 Posts
11519-16 standard roller lifters, have used these in Drag race with 700 pounds open pressure, for street or endurance limit open pressure 600-650 pounds open

11570-16 is their ultra pro, these are the ultimate in durbility and for use in any application that needs over 700 pounds open pressure.

I have used the 11519's at pressure's they were not intended for and I have never had either lifter above fail. The Morel Pro Series are similar to the ultra pro lifters

·
Registered
216 Posts
Getting my small block freshened up and I need some advice. I plan on some small shots of nitrous around a 150 shot and I'm...Nothing crazy maybe 7400 rpm shifts.
7400 rpm isnt crazy?

and what is freshened up? new rings?

150 shot is pretty small..fel pro gaskets would work, but no clue on the specs of your motor

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rings and bearings, 355 560 ish lift cam gm steel heads 240 250 seat pressure something like that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts