·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
read on and enjoy the article.

By George
GEORGE’S DOZEN TRUTHS
By George Klass

There are certain truths pertaining to sportsman drag racing. Whether you are a spectator or a participant, it is important to recognize and understand the following dozen truths:

#1 Regardless of the rules for a given class, there will always be one or two individuals that will dominate that class.

#2 Regardless of the minimum weights allowed for a given power adder combination for a given class, there will always be someone that is 150 pounds over his minimum weight, who complains about the minimum weight for a competitor with a different power adder combination.

#3 Regardless of how competitive a participant is in a given class, he will rarely protest the legality of another competitor, until right after the other competitor puts him on the trailer.

#4 Regardless of how big the purse is for a given class, it’s never going to be enough for those that get beat in the first round.

#5 Regardless of how much money a participant spends to build a winning combination, someone else can (and will) spend more.

#6 Regardless of how poorly a race car "hooks" at a given track, it’s always the track’s fault.

#7 Regardless of the rules for a given class, there will always be those that think that the rules should be changed to accommodate them, when their car doesn’t meet the existing rules for that class.

#8 Regardless of the specific rules for a given class, those that want to race will find a way to participate, and those that would rather complain about something (usually on internet message boards), will find an excuse to not participate.

#9 Regardless of the fact that drag racing is "sudden death" (you lose, you’re out), someone will have a "reason" as to why they should be reinstated after getting beat.

#10 Regardless of how well the race schedule is disseminated to the participants via printed flyers or through the internet, there will always be some racers that say "I didn’t see it" and wind up missing the first round of qualifying.

#11 Regardless of how attractive your wife or girlfriend is, there will always be a better looking girl at the race track, and you will most likely get a slap in the face for looking. *

#12 Regardless of how much money you have spent on your car, or how much you spend going to drag racing events, or how much time and effort it has taken to get your car running as well as you have, or how much you have had to "do without" to stay involved with drag racing, there is NOTHING quite as rewarding as spending a day or two at the drag races with your friends, competitors and the spectators that admire and support you.

* This is assuming that you were foolish enough to bring your wife or girlfriend to the race.

Return to Contents

Return to Contents

Return to Contents

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© Competitionplus 2005

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he is an old fart also lol. he likes his booze like me and you also jimmy.
i finally got to talk with george at pri, me and frost trapped him at the ffw booth kinda like we did rick and it was neat meeting him after years of talkin to him by email.
he has always given me permission to use what ever he writes for many years now but like i said i always ask before i post his stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts