Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOW MANY WATTS ARE YOU USING ON YOUR RACE CAR TRAILERS ??:confused: TRYING TO GET A IDEA WHAT TO BUY?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
5500watt Troy built. enough to run the AC, 30 gallon compressor, fans, bat charger, laptop, and stereo at the same time, with all the lights on.....and never skip a beat.

·
Registered
777 Posts
We have a 5500 watt just for the trailer. Powers the inside and outside lights, bottle warmers, laptop, air compressor, and battery charger with no issues. We have also used the 7500 watt Onan on the motorhome to power the trailer but you have to be really careful when using the appliances in the motorhome if everything is going in the trailer also.

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
What are you Running/Using in your Trailer? Lights,Compressor,Bat-Charger Etc??? :p

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
I use a 1000 watt (Honda EU1000). I only need it for my battery charger, tire inflator, extra though. And I usually only run 1 thing at a time with it. The biggest power draw I have is the 16volt and it draws about 400 watts..I know most guys will use a 2000-3000 watt generator, but I do not camp or stay over night so I do not need to run multiple things at once. BTW, the Honda units are the quietest and are suppose to be the most reliable..Also more $$$. I bought it off EBay for quite a bit less then new..

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
We have a 5500 watt just for the trailer. Powers the inside and outside lights, bottle warmers, laptop, air compressor, and battery charger with no issues. We have also used the 7500 watt Onan on the motorhome to power the trailer but you have to be really careful when using the appliances in the motorhome if everything is going in the trailer also.
same 7500 Onan in the bus also...but when it is hot out it is just too much trying to cool the family off and run fans, charger outside for the car. Thats why I just went ahead and bought a gen for the trailer. No more issues here.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
yes. and laptop?
I run a Honda EM2200X & run all this & then some. For what your doing you dont have to run out & get a 5500 but sometimes....."Bigger is Better" Depending on the size of the Compressor Etc. If you get a good deal on one it's usually nice to have the xtra power. You never know when ya may need it! Look on Craigslist E-Bay Etc. Some Killer Deals out there if you look!!! Best Of Luck Dude! :cool:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Run all of the above, I have a 4200 watt. No problems either.
All you need to do is take you watts your looking at and divide by the voltage and that will give you your amperage that you will have. BTW don't exceed 80% of that...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have a Briggs EXL 8000 for sale, has less than 20 hours on it, has electric start
paid like $1200 for it, will take $700

comes with power cord that was never taken out of the bag

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
those honda 1000 are great.have had one for ten years.got a 2000 now and it works great also.had to got to that because of bottle bath and everything else.

·
Registered
415 Posts
7000 Onan...
2 AC's, outside & inside lights, laptop, battery charger, outside 36" fan, and Hotbox for the Nitrous bottles...

:)

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
we bring our 8000watt with us while were at the track its over kill for a compressor and 3 small blue blower fans but its what we have to power our house in power failure so we use what we got

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
This year I plan on using my semi to go racing with...which just happens to have an 85KW 208/120v unit behind the cab.

I'll have more power in my trailer than most shops have. :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts