Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see any numbers on some of these ported? Anyone doing any work with these? There are off a 6.2l lsX. Have 2.15 intake valve stock. Said to flow 320 stock? Has anyone played around with them?Is 360+cfm possible with 4.185 bore, maybe 370 ? Looking to build 400" with them.

·
The Purple Prostitute
2,529 Posts
Anyone see any numbers on some of these ported? Anyone doing any work with these? There are off a 6.2l lsX. Have 2.15 intake valve stock. Said to flow 320 stock? Has anyone played around with them?Is 360+cfm possible with 4.185 bore, maybe 370 ? Looking to build 400" with them.

i was just talking about these today.. had a shop out here tell me that they flow 360 all day long after ported.. he highly recommends them over any other lsx head... especially for the 400$ from GM!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
these heads are horribly limited by manifold selection (stock or sheetmetal). If you can go sheetmetal then they will work in an NA application. For any sort of Nitrous or FI the decks are far to weak to make any real power.

the TFS 245 heads and ETP 265's or Ls7 heads are the real ticket to making power with a gen 3/4 motor.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Ill let you know shortly, The L92 ported is what im puting on my 408 and going to add some n2o to the mix. They will flow 360 plus on the intake but the exh taps out about 250. You need to be careful with you cam choice also, They work great and will make good power but you have to stay on top of your tune or its bye-bye headgasket......

·
Registered
209 Posts
For mild applications they are great. Texas Speed and Livernois Motorsports both sell cnc'd versions that flow in the 360 range. The exhaust side is the weak link. Intake manifold selection sucks as well as stated above. Weiand is suppose to be releasing one for them sometime soon. Edelbrock has some decent carb style manifolds too.

BTW they are L92 or Ls3's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts