Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49,816 Posts
we are talking Mark6 BBC right ? if so with billet caps,filling,main girdle and a good careful tuneup and no detonation yes. If you rattle it repeatadly it will not be very forgiving though.

I have no experience with that block but the MK5 and MK 4 stock blocks are not massively beefier from what I have seen.

The nice part about the MK6 is the factory roller cam.

I have not seen anybody do anything with the newer 8.1 but it has a damn near clone of the ls1 head. Looks promsing and Mecruiser Marine offers it in some pretty stout power ratings.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
No. If you are talking about the Marine and Truck Blocks that was produced as a 502. Rated as 750 hp max. Have heard of them doing some more. The main webbing on the block is very weak. No way to brae it.

Now if you are talking about the one that was called a Gen 6 but was more like a Gen 5 and it had a Chevy BowTie cast on each side, that is a good and strong block and will easily handle your needs.

Ed

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. If you are talking about the Marine and Truck Blocks that was produced as a 502. Rated as 750 hp max. Have heard of them doing some more. The main webbing on the block is very weak. No way to brae it.

Now if you are talking about the one that was called a Gen 6 but was more like a Gen 5 and it had a Chevy BowTie cast on each side, that is a good and strong block and will easily handle your needs.

Ed
It would be the block GMPP uses for their 502/502 horse crate motors. this the good one or bad one?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts