Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Pro Jack Stand Champion!!
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. I am sure this type of thread has been used up, but I just bought a 87 Camaro LT 6 cyl 5 speed cheap. ( I know what an idiot) and I have plans to make a real nice 10.5 or some sort of heads up car. I need pictures/advice on setting it up.? I appreciate any suggestions although I am sure it has been played out over and over again.
Thanks for any thoughts.
:confused:

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Check out thirdgen.org, great site.

I may be buying an 86 IROC to build a 10.5 car or big tire car with, glass hatch and doors ect ect, BBC maybe with a turbo.

Good cars, lots of replacement parts out there for cheap, it will be my third third gen.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Anyone know if you can run a glass front end and still run the lights and turn signalls? Maybe with quick disconects?

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
no problem. just make sure you unhook them before you lift off the nose! my guys that were with me at thr orsca huntsville race jerked the wires out the socket cause they didnt watch what they were doing.
do you have any pics of the car with the hood off or innercooler routing? sharp looking ride!!

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
who's wing is on the orange camaro? looks sweet also.

·
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the pics Tim, what's with the torque arm set up and how about struts? any thing i should do there?

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
which car are you looking for pics of? i dont have any motor pics of donny's pruple car.
ya that would be the one. im doing twins and just wanted to see where thru the firewall he went. i imagine that the inlet went thru the heater box area and into the t.b. right over the dist.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Anyone know if you can run a glass front end and still run the lights and turn signalls? Maybe with quick disconects?
Gen 3 fenders do not weight much at all. In fact if you lean on them the wrong way, they will dent. The weight is in removing the front and rear crash beam and door guard beams and other areas. It is real easy to get one down to 2500 to 2600 lbs.

·
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that's what i am looking for, it would have taken me months to figure this stuff out. Yellowbullet rocks!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts