Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am having some problems with nailing my fuel system. I am running a A1000 Enilator pump, A2000 regulator,# 10 feed,#8 return, Splitting the #10 feed with a Y before the A2000 to feed a small fuel manifold with 2 803 holley regulators.

Problem is if i have my A2000 set at 7 PSI for the carb, I cannot acheive 10 PSI at the 803 regulators to make the jetting work for the gemini plate.

Do i just need to run a richer fuel jet on the nitrous since i cannot get the nitrous regs to run high enough or should i shit can the hole Y idea and run a seperate fuel system for the nitrous. with a small 2 gallon cell on the coresupport?

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance:confused:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
im thinking the reason you cant get over 7 psi at the n2o regs is because the carb reg is bypassing at 7 psi. hmmm thats a crappy situation. ive never used an aeromotive pump but can it be run deadheaded? maybe a different carb reg with a bleed type bypass? so you can get up to 10 psi with the 803's. or maybe turn the a2000 up to like 12 psi and put another 803 inline to feed the carb?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually thought about adding another reg to feed the carb but shit this is looking worse then any plumbers nightmare if i add that,lol.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Brian,
how much pressure do you have at the pump? And does your carb. regulator bypass back to the cell? On my setup, I have 17 psi. at the pump and at my Y-block under the hood, right before both regulators.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I run the same plate system with one fuel system for both carb and nitrous. I called NX and they gave me a low pressure setup. The pressure ranges between 3 and 5 psi depending on the shot you want to run. I use the 803 low pressure reg. with no issues. Talk to Craig at NX.

Greg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My system is a return style. It runs 7 psi at the main regulator, i split off before the main reg to run to the 803. and if i run the main reg at 7 psi i can only make 7 at the regs for the Nitrous. I turn the main reg to 9 i can only make 9 at the 803's. It holds it rock steady, should i just run a larger fuel jet in the nitrous to compensate. Just seems to be lean and on my dyno i show a perfect 11.5 a/f but i nipped 2 plugs while at the track, i have been running the nitrous for over 10 yrs now and never have had this happen. This is so frustrating. I do not like the flow pattern of the fuel in the NX plate compared to my older Big shot plate. Fuel comes out rather bulky looking and not fanned out like the B S plate. I know this is do to the hole size and such but still does not seem right.

I ran the plate last weekend down in Yakima, Washington. It went 10.68 @ 125.8 with a 1.53 60 ft. with 125 shot. this was ran in the first stage. I made 10 passes this way. I then ran just the second stage with a 200 shot, ran to the 1/8 mile i felt it lay down a bit and automatically lifted and drove through the 1/4 at maybe 1/2 or a little more throttle, it ran 10.62 @ 117 with the 1/8 mile netting .3 quicker and 10 mph faster. but spun and only went 1.59 60. This is when i nipped to plugs. So i went back to my 125 1st stage shot and ran the rest of the weekend.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a cpl pics on my cam i ll try and post them later.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Brian,
I will say that, like Greg, I'm running the low pressure tuneup on my plate. My plate is one of the older-style plates, one that came from NX with the low pressure tuneups. Rather than change up your fuel plumbing anymore, you may want to call NX and buy a set of low-pressure fuel jets from them. This way, you can leave everything alone, change to the lower-press. tuneup, and be done with it. I haven't had any trouble whatsoever with my plate, using their jetting tuneups.
I will say that, once you get a handle on this plate, I think you'll like it better than your old plate.
Let me know what happens.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ll be on the phone in the AM. I wanna run the shit out of this thing with no worry, and i know i have plenty of fuel system to do it so I ll keep you posted.

We are going to Good Guys next weekend so i ll have some numbers for you instead of some bad news,lol. thanks for the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts