Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my new motor to the track for the first time. The motor is a 363 that makes around 570hp at 7000 and 480lbs at 5200. The car is a 64 falcon that is around 3000 race weight. The converter is a little tight for the motor and will go to 4500 on the break. The transmission is a c4 and the rear end is a 9 inch with 4.11 and I currently have a 28 tall tire. The car did not hook up and I was in And out if it. this resulted in a trap rpm of 6500 a best pass of

60'-1.9
1/8-7.4
Mph 96
1/4-11.62
Mph 118

My question is, does it appear that I need to change gear or could this have resulted from just a bad pass?

My understanding is that traction problems don't hinder rpm and mph, they just hurt et.

I did the math on the coverter slip and my number at 6500 result in a 9.4% slip. If I change the mph to 128 and the rpm to 7000 this results in about the same slip% which also makes me think the major issue besides traction is the gear ratio. Please correct my thought process if I am wrong.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess that answers that. I guess I shouldn't try and mix match to try and get it to work. I'll get the converter adjusted.

·
Registered
188 Posts
what kind of converter you have? before i got a bolt together one people say you can only open them 2 time max to restall it... so might be best to save money and get one where you can change stall anytime you want.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts