Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been searching for this specific question but couldn't find what I was looking for. What weight oil would be best to run in a mostly strip 3500 lb car with powerglide w/transbrake and around 1000 hp. Gonna be a nitrous car with progressive controller. Gear backlash is on the tight side but still within spec at .006" if that matters. I've heard heavier oil is better for transbrake cars but not sure if there's any truth to that. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Spool , locker , posi? , etc ? I have had great success with Valvoline 90w140 with my spools and also my street locker. You will probably have a lot of opinions on this.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I used 75/90 Synthetic in mine.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
DO NOT run a synthetic lube of any kind in a axle. Synthetic lube are "slippery" sure, but they have less then stellar ability to work under high pressure where the gear teeth come together as one example. Sure manufactures use it--but normally of other reasons then extended life.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Mobil1 75w-90 in my cars making over 1000HP. Just had Mark Williams go through the all aluminum 3rd members and install new gear sets. No sign of fatigue with either set and both had over 700 transbraked passes. They even sent me the old gear sets back for spares.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have used that Mobil 1 as well. I have not seen any problems with it and I like the run to run consistency that I have with it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts