Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

GDRA race number 4 is right around the corner. July 7th, 2012... This will be the 2nd outing for the new 9.50 class and the first trip as an association to Cordova Dragway Park. Get signed up now as the deadline is this Saturday at midnight

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
My Personal Prediction for Race #4 is CJ Williams Racing to the Winners Circle!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------

I SAW THIS POSTED/\ SOMEWHERE? LOL ONLY IF NOONE ELSE SHOWS UP

THEN ITS A MAYBE

·
Pydo Racing Pit Bitch
734 Posts
GDRA Race #3 Presented by Powermaster Performance Starters and Alternators​

GDRA race number 4 is right around the corner. July 7th, 2012... This will be the 2nd outing for the new 9.50 class and the first trip as an association to Cordova Dragway Park. Get signed up now as the deadline is this Saturday at midnight!

We have classes for 6.90, 7.80. 8.60, and 9.50 index racers!!! This event is the first time we have been to Cordova Dragway Park and is sure to be one for the books. We have seen the fall of the Ken Kendall Vega in the 8.60 class as Rocket Ron Boheneck got the win in the last race out. We are waiting on the rematch once again of Steve Roden's Pontiac Safari "Big Wagon" versus Ken Kendall's Chevrolet Vega "Little Wagon" and with fire in his eye's, Steve has vowed to never let Ken beat him again!!!

Once again the 9.50 class will be in action at Cordova Dragway Park and we expect a great turn out for this class. Down Town Sarah Brown grabbed #1 qualifier in her Pontiac Trans Am aka "Skippy" at the last event at Byron Dragway but will she be able to do it for the second time in a row? Or will it be Jeff Samples and his wicked Vega? Or possible, Ed Thalhammer with his bright orange Camaro? We'll have to see but who is going to have the gusto to take home all the cash?

Little birdies squawking have said there is a very wicked 57Chevrolet coming out to play with the big dawgs... who do you suppose that is? Could it be Doug Roden and the Legend Racing? Meh... Could be. Where's our 7.80 standing on the bumper door cars? Well, I have heard that there could be contenders like Rob Pearce and his wicked wild Studebaker making the trip to contend with the rest of the boys. Any way you stack the pot, there is a lot of money up for grabs and I am certain, there will be a lot of new faces who are ready to take their share home.

We would like to say thank you to the following for their support and belief in the GDRA. Our Official Marketing Partners: Powermaster Performance, ARP Racing Products, CoolRidesOnline.net, Device Tech Inc, Hommer Tree Service, and Valvoline. Our Associate Marketing Partners: Undercover Innovations, Union of Roofers, Waterproofers, and Allied Workers, Automotive Engine Specialties (AES), Harrison Metals, Glasstek Fiberglass, Automatic Transmission Designs (ATD), Midwest Convertors, D. Wells Goodyear, Unlimited Building Services (UBS), Angry Beaver Racing, Legend Racing Enterprises, Biltmore Refrigeration, Outlaw Graphic Designs, MW Marine, Jensen Equipment Company, United Milwaukee Scrap, Suburban Accents, and LedFoot News. In addition media (pictures, video, and website) will be provided by MC Photography, Ores Action Photography, ARS Promotions, 10″ Wide Video, and Servic Network.

Head over to our Gamblers Drag Racing Association fan page on Facebook and be sure to “like” us on to keep up to date with all the happenings and race dates. Moving ahead at 200 mph +, its racing season and the cash payouts are red hot and the action is even hotter. You don’t wanna miss this!!! The Gamblers Drag Racing Association… The Original All Cash Payout Association!!!

Don’t forget, all the cash that’s up for grabs so if you have a car capable of running 6.90, 7.80, or 8.60 in the quarter mile, like close door handle to door handle racing, and want your shot at taking home some serious CASH, get you entry in no later than Saturday, June 28th, 2012 Midnight. Head over to the website at www.GamblersDragRacing.com and get signed up if you think you have what it takes to run with these guys and www.CoolRidesOnline.net to follow up with race results, photos, and what nots.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Personal Prediction for Race #4 is CJ Williams Racing to the Winners Circle!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

I SAW THIS POSTED/\ SOMEWHERE? LOL ONLY IF NOONE ELSE SHOWS UP

THEN ITS A MAYBE

LOL... are you bringing that blue ford? Lets have a go!

·
Pydo Racing Pit Bitch
734 Posts
I have it on good authority that it will be a Legend Racing powered car in the winners circle!

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Sadly the '57 won't be in attendance, too difficult to run 2 cars at once with only 3 people.
The Safari will be out, along with Legend Racing teammate Jim Pydo.
I know I am ready to go, after the first time in over 5 years I have lost during the 1st round of competition, I won't let that happen again.

·
Pydo Racing Pit Bitch
734 Posts
Steve you know if your dad ever needed help with his car or you with yours, you can count on myself and P-Diddy.

·
Pydo Racing Pit Bitch
734 Posts
Hello racers and spectators...

Here is the Schedule for Race 4 at Cordova Dragway Park..........

1pm Gates Open (Pitting on pavement where available)
2pm Racer Meeting (CJ's Trailer)
3pm Qualifying Round 1
4pm Qualifying Round 2
5pm Eliminations Round 1
6pm Eliminations Round 2
7pm Semi Final Rounds
8pm Final Round

Racers: Tech cards will be given to you at the gate.... DO NOT turn them into the track, these will be given to GDRA lane workers, Fran and Jeff by you at the meeting and they will turn them all into the tower.

We look forward to seeing everyone there and look to make our first trip to Cordova Dragway Park a huge success. For more information on please check out Cordova Dragway Park's website at: http://www.cordovadrag.com/ or by contacting the track at 309-254-6110 and as always you can get info on our website: http://gamblersdragracing.com/ or on our Facebook page under Gamblers Drag Racing Association.

Cordova Dragway Park
19425 IL Rt #84
Cordova, IL. 61242

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,464 Posts
i wish our schedule was'nt full we would come out and watch ... have to catch the next one ....

·
Pydo Racing Pit Bitch
734 Posts
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaver!

Gonna be a hot weekend so be sure to drink plenty of water. Time to head to the store to stock up on Gatorade. Summer bake session in full effect!!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
AND SNEAK IN CJ'S trailer to kool off

·
Pydo Racing Pit Bitch
734 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts