Yellow Bullet Forums banner

321 - 340 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
27,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Whose leadership?

I'm not saying Trump, Fauci, Birx, etc. handled things properly but the primary reason for the drop in GDP was the shutdown/lockdowns that were directly caused by wildly inflated and universally inaccurate testing methods resulting in case numbers that weren't even close. So who's out there making the push for shutdowns and lockdowns? STILL?

Hint - it's not the Republicans, and you're smart enough to figure out why the other side is doing what they're doing.

The vacuum is the lack of a national strategy.
Of course the states are able to do as they choose.
Had a national strategy where governors from all states worked with experts for have a cohesive plan it would have been better than the chaos failure we have now.

·
Registered
20,717 Posts
Sorry that you don't get any value from what I post.
I guess you might have an opposition trait, you are so upset by my posts that you feel compelled to make a comment on all of them.
That is kind of strange for you to be so obsessed by my posts that you follow them.

It does encourage me to though. When someone posts shallow opposition, and deep thinkers never do, I guess I am on the right track.

Also thanks for keeping my threads bumped!
You are not sorry, stop lying.

I am opposed to assholes that try to convince people they are smart.

You do not upset me, you have no influence on how I feel.

Post a comment on all your posts, lol, more delusions, you are pathetic.

LOL, right track...

·
42,394 Posts
There are obviously two forces in play there.
The changes that Trump wants to make
The changes the left wants to make

The fact that you make insults while you are the one that doesn't get it is noted.
I get that you are a dishonest man that only comes around running your arrogant mouth when you think an opportunity is there for you to run it...As for the insults, I do that because you earn every single one of them...

·
Registered
36,788 Posts
The vacuum is the lack of a national strategy.
Of course the states are able to do as they choose.
Had a national strategy where governors from all states worked with experts for have a cohesive plan it would have been better than the chaos failure we have now.
Once COVID became politicized, which was almost as soon as it hit our shores, that sensible theory went right out the door. But what would the cohesive plan be? You're in charge...how would you have handled it? Asking for the purpose of discussion.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
That's easy, the key is living in a place with opportunity and striving to help others achieve their goals.

I had a few key experiences that got me off to a good start,
I went to a vocational school to learn machine shop work.

My first real job was working at a Chevy dealer, they owned a collection of collector and racing cars, I was hired to rebuild, tine, improve them.
I had wonder guidance from Lisle Anderson.

When the recession came I was lucky that I had both of those skills, I was hired by a Swiss German Tool and Die shop. I received the best training I have ever heard of from world class designers and machinist. They made us go to university at the same time and get a B+ or better to keep our jobs.
It was there I learned how to do real precision work and also how to design. That was also my first exposure to CAD, they bought GMS a CAD system that cost $300,000 in the early 80's.
I poured my life into learning that. It opened many doors for me.

Next recession I moved to California where there was a computer boom going on, the first PC were actually made in So Cal. I made molds with my CAD CAM skills the money was great until it suddenly went to Japan.
At that time I was a also volunteer crew member for Sonny Bryant and his Pro Stock car. One day he said that he wanted to make billet crankshafts. At the time he had no experience with manufacturing something like that, I did. He asked me to help him get started by building tools, fixtures, train the employees etc. once we were in production I became interested in why the counter weights were shapes as they were. After asking industry leaders I found the answer was, they just copied each-other, no science was involved at all. So I cut up many cranks into pieces and analysed the forces (today I do that by computer much better). Working together, sonny and I reduced the weight of racing cranks by about one third and reduced bearing loads. Today most all racing cranks are an approximate copy of the work we did.

I got bored with cranks in about 4 years and there was anew boom in use of CAD software to design molds with Solids, Pro Engineer and Unigraphics.
I found a company that had the software I wanted to learn and joined them. Worked night and day, also taught the apprentices how to do precision work.

Then ICU medical company poached me away for what seemed like a fun adventure. There i implemented modern product design with CAD and also trained the shop employees.
While looking at he products they made I asked about the goals of the product, I noticed it didn't meet the goals very well. So one 4th of July weekend I worked in the shop by myself for 3 days straight and made molds for a new idea. That turned out to be the CLC200 a positive displacement connector. They sold many millions of them, at least 6, 32 cavity molds that I know of making them 24x7. They had many law suits over the design as is typical in that industry, I don't know if they still make them.

The Honda wanted to get into Indy racing, they opened a shop in Santa Clarita. They were having problems with crankshaft main bearings as they had no experience with V8s.
They hired me to help sort that out. I gave them the answers but working in that culture was not pleasant for me so I left shortly after that. Besides, the pay was so low, I was working at night in a mold shop.

I did consulting after that for Southern California mold shops that wanted to become competitive with Japan and emerging China.
I taught several companies how to use Unigraphics to do it.
After a while EDS (Ross Perot company) Unigraphics heard about what I was doing and hired me to lead software development for Mold Design software.
That went on for a few years to become the leading software in the industry.
Then Unigraphics decided to push the idea of fully modeling cars in CAD. I had the surface modeling skills so they gave me the Applications Engineer job for automotive surfacing.
I got to travel all around the world to just about every OEM, listening to their challenges and helping them overcome them.
The best place for me was Daimler Mercedes in Germany, I was there couple years. They accept nothing short of perfection. It really raised my game. Same at Nissan now that I think of it.

Then I got assigned to develop a software for the US navy to design the aircraft carriers at Newport News VA. I didn't like that assignment at all, it went on for a few years and then I took leave to do a bucket list item, work at Edelbrock, I was senior design engineer there for 18 months, I helped them improve their processes, designed some heads and manifolds.
The management became unstable and decided to go back to Unigraphics which was now Siemens NX. My new job was a Learning Architect, my job was to go to the important customers and teach them how to make effective use of the software and integrate manufacturing processes. That is how I got to teach at JPL-NASA and many more companies.

All the time throughout I did work in my machine shop at night and weekends.

I made so many things there for my friends I can't remember half of them unless some reminds me. I give away almost everything I make there.

The one that car guys like is the Singer 911, I designed and made all of the billet parts on the prototypes (that I know of),

I probably forgot a lot of stuff, but I hope that gives you an idea of how I do so much and why I could not live anywhere else.

If I am typing here, I am in my shop waiting for a CNC program to finish.

Today I am working on a set of molds for a toy that teaches blind kids how to assemble mechanical things.
That's a pretty lame ass resume / collection of experiences.. No wonder we all think that your pathetic, - you are..

Did you ever do anything that actually turned out to be something other than a failed attempt - that you dismiss as " I didn't like it"..??

Other than being the first millennial - that thinks he's special and entitled, when the facts of your life prove you to be another jack-off with hit- miss, failed, brief encounters with established organizations - that you claim as trophies, yet, they shit canned you...

Do yourself a favor... stay in CA. , cause the rest of the country won't treat you so gently... especially when you bring your " special without any reason" attitude...

No wonder you lie and fabricate the facts so much. You've wasted your whole life. ..and NOW, you thing you should be rewarded for being older... You should have thought about that when you were flailing, and failing as a younger version of your same stupid self...

·
Registered
27,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
Once COVID became politicized, which was almost as soon as it hit our shores, that sensible theory went right out the door. But what would the cohesive plan be? You're in charge...how would you have handled it? Asking for the purpose of discussion.
Just what I said, I would need to have a collection of stake holders and experts then collaborate to a plan.
Use an SCRUM / Agile process.
In these methods, no one person makes decisions, you get to way better solutions faster with much less resistance from stake holders, in fact they are happy to be part of the project because they were part of crafting the plan.
That is how all projects are done in fast moving business involving complex problems today.

·
Registered
27,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
That's a pretty lame ass resume / collection of experiences.. No wonder we all think that your pathetic, - you are..

Did you ever do anything that actually turned out to be something other than a failed attempt - that you dismiss as " I didn't like it"..??

Other than being the first millennial - that thinks he's special and entitled, when the facts of your life prove you to be another jack-off with hit- miss, failed, brief encounters with established organizations - that you claim as trophies, yet, they shit canned you...

Do yourself a favor... stay in CA. , cause the rest of the country won't treat you so gently... especially when you bring your " special without any reason" attitude...

No wonder you lie and fabricate the facts so much. You've wasted your whole life. ..and NOW, you thing you should be rewarded for being older... You should have thought about that when you were flailing, and failing as a younger version of your same stupid self...
How about you tell me about your accomplishments, so I can know what a full career looks like.

BTW I have worked all over the world, it treats me fine.

·
Registered
27,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
Wow.......you're dense or deflecting.
OK, you give me an example where there is a force being resisted by an object with out an opposing force.

·
Registered
27,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
You are not sorry, stop lying.

I am opposed to assholes that try to convince people they are smart.

You do not upset me, you have no influence on how I feel.

Post a comment on all your posts, lol, more delusions, you are pathetic.

LOL, right track...
You and Ron both remind me of how a woman acts when her feeling are hurt.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Schmidt, what you don't seem to comprehend is that regardless of how good of a national plan had been developed, the Trump Haters would have done everything to ensure failure.
Like most of us here would have done if this had happened during the Obama administration.

Reactions: RonSmith

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,180 Posts
Just what I said, I would need to have a collection of stake holders and experts then collaborate to a plan.
Use an SCRUM / Agile process.
In these methods, no one person makes decisions, you get to way better solutions faster with much less resistance from stake holders, in fact they are happy to be part of the project because they were part of crafting the plan.
That is how all projects are done in fast moving business involving complex problems today.
How would you apply SCRUM / Agile to a program based solely on policy with hostile stake holders. Serious question.

To apply your theories you have to do it in real world settings.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,180 Posts
Schmidt, what you don't seem to comprehend is that regardless of how good of a national plan had been developed, the Trump Haters would have done everything to ensure failure.
Like most of us here would have done if this had happened during the Obama administration.
Oh....he realizes. As the economy was hitting record numbers repeatedly and our trade deficit with China was reversing for the first time in 30 years, BullSchmidt was crying for pages how Trumps trade policy’s were a failure.

·
Registered
27,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
How would you apply SCRUM / Agile to a program based solely on policy with hostile stake holders. Serious question.

To apply your theories you have to do it in real world settings.

That is where good leadership is necessary. Too bad we don't have it.

This is the problem with choosing a polarizing figure in the primary.

Someone less polarizing would have gathered more centrist votes, probably would have won the popular vote as well.

·
Registered
27,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
Oh....he realizes. As the economy was hitting record numbers repeatedly and our trade deficit with China was reversing for the first time in 30 years, BullSchmidt was crying for pages how Trumps trade policy’s were a failure.

A new government study shows how Trump’s tariffs have backfired
Trump promised to revive manufacturing with tariffs. A Federal Reserve study finds he did the opposite.

·
Registered
27,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #338
And at the end of the day, nothing to show for it.
So you were wrong about my success when you commented on it with no knowledge.
Now you make more claims with no knowledge.
That cheap house enabled us to save and invest a lot.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts

A new government study shows how Trump’s tariffs have backfired
Trump promised to revive manufacturing with tariffs. A Federal Reserve study finds he did the opposite.
There are times I agree with you but you site Vox as a source? I don't know how you would quantify success/failure of tariffs amidst a global pandemic. It sure looked like it brought China to the table more than once when their market place for cheap shit was being compromised. If anything, this pandemic has proven we need to better secure our supply chain internally as many businesses suffered as a result of their reliance on China for materials and goods when their capacity was diminished at their pandemic height. Flipside to that is we just don't have a workforce that are willing to settle for pennies on the dollar of their existing wage to be competitive. China will eventually become an unattractive labor market when their workforce starts to enjoy better wages which their government can only suppress for so long before they are dealing with unrest and poor productivity.

Reactions: RonSmith

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,180 Posts
That is where good leadership is necessary. Too bad we don't have it.

This is the problem with choosing a polarizing figure in the primary.

Someone less polarizing would have gathered more centrist votes, probably would have won the popular vote as well.
Man....you sure have all the criticism in the world but can’t articulate a single solution. You talk like a sophomore business major at community college that has heard a couple catch phrases and answers phones for Sprint mobile

“Good leadership requires good leaders”. “SCRUM”. “Agile”. “Polarizing”

Bullschmidt

321 - 340 of 459 Posts