Yellow Bullet Forums banner

281 - 300 of 459 Posts

·
42,397 Posts
Interesting

Both Hillary and Trump had the lowest likeability ratings of all of the candidates.
Yet they won the primary.
This supports my thesis.
You bought into all of the BS polling...You know, the ones that showed that Trump would never make it past the debates...LOL...No path to 270...Bitch please.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I am in the top 1% in the filed I enjoy, I am happy with that.

Sorry, someone that would make a business like Trump University is a thief and fraud.
I would never do that.

This is just one reason that you can't judge people by their wealth.

Have you ever been around very wealthy people on a day to day basis?
I have, when I was kid growing up on Mercer Island, if I wanted to go skiing, I walked over to my friends house and had the pilot fly us to the top of a mountain by helicopter.
The driver would pick us up at the bottom in a Mercedes Limo.
If we wanted to go ride dirt bikes or go jet skiing, they bought new ones for the outing.
We would eat dinner at Benjamin's at the top of a bank building.
That was an ordinary day.

I was surrounded by people like this so I know it well.

What people that have not experienced it don't know is how sick and dysfunctional those families are.
All the kids grifted money from credit cards and manipulated and back-stabbed each-other.
The selfishness and poor character were multiplied like bacteria in a Petri dish.

In that one family, my friends younger brother hung himself.
His best friend blew himself up in his dorm room with dynamite they took from the family gravel quarry.
The father killed the mother.
My friend got angry at his dog, tied it to the back of his car and dragged it to death. (that was the end of our friendship).

In the time I lived on Mercer Island, I knew more teenagers that committed suicide than I can remember in one sitting.
Drug abuse was rampant.

This was ordinary among extreme wealth.

If you read the book, by Trumps niece about the Trump family dysfunction, you will see parallels.

I hope this will help you understand why I don't chase after wealth and am not impressed by it.

I assure you dip shit I'm around far wealthier people every week of my life. My wife and I import AA sport horses, often for the wealthiest people on earth. We typically spend 2 + months a year shopping all over europe for horses. On any given year about 10 of the top thirty are our imports. Guess who pays 7 figures for horses....No one you know would be the answer.
The wealthiest people on the planet have bought horses directly from us. Saudi princes , bill gates daughter. The bloomberg's, the wheeler family, the dupont's and on and on and

The problems wealthy families endure is similar to apex predators in the wild. Not a place you'd survive, but it's completely normal for them. The weak are destroyed, and the strong rule. Welcome to the real world.

You're happy with your station in life, good for you. To me you are just another undermining nobody that doesn't recognize his obvious betters, which in my mind, and experience, explains your lack of success.

That is all I have to say.

·
Registered
27,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
We're not the ones doing the dividing.........
That last comment has revealed who and what you're all about.

Your agenda here is failing.............maybe you should try harder?
Can you be less vague and explain who is dividing?

Doesn't it take two sides to divide?

·
Registered
20,718 Posts
What leadership? CA state? Yes I know.
If I could vote to raise our taxes $1,000 a month, I would do that in a second.
I don't care if they burn the money on a fire.
Why? Hopefully some people would move away, it is way too crowded here.

The news says people are moving away every year, meanwhile the population grows and grows.
Sounds selfish...

·
Registered
27,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #290 (Edited)
I assure you dip shit I'm around far wealthier people every week of my life. My wife and I import AA sport horses, often for the wealthiest people on earth. We typically spend 2 + months a year shopping all over europe for horses. On any given year about 10 of the top thirty are our imports. Guess who pays 7 figures for horses....No one you know would be the answer.
The wealthiest people on the planet have bought horses directly from us. Saudi princes , bill gates daughter. The bloomberg's, the wheeler family, the dupont's and on and on and

The problems wealthy families endure is similar to apex predators in the wild. Not a place you'd survive, but it's completely normal for them. The weak are destroyed, and the strong rule. Welcome to the real world.

You're happy with your station in life, good for you. To me you are just another undermining nobody that doesn't recognize his obvious betters, which in my mind, and experience, explains your lack of success.

That is all I have to say.
Having them as customers is different than living with them.

Considering that you don't know what I have done, you are unable to judge my success.

Teaching Engineering at NASA JPL is success in my chosen field of engineering.
Making parts that are on the space station is success in my chosen hobby of machine work.
Designed a medical connector that saved countless suffering. Hundreds of millions were sold.
Designing the way modern counterweight are computed in high end racing V8's is success in motorsports.
Working at HPD designing and making parts for Honda Indy engine is success in motor sports.
Designing and making the metal parts for $million sports cars like the Singer911 is success in the field of exotic cars.
Writing software for cutting edge camshaft design, is success in mathematics.
Designing software and design methods at Mercedes is success in software design and engineering at the most scrutinised level.

I have done exactly what I wanted to do.

The only thing really left on my bucket list is working at Ferrari Power-train Engineering.

·
Registered
27,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #292 (Edited)
top 1% but lives in a 119 year old 800 square 2 bed and 1 bath....with a 200k mortgage
Yep, and I shop at thrift stores and drive a 1979 car.
I just bought a vacuum cleaner off CL for $25.

I don't find satisfaction in material possessions.
As I have said, I would be happy to live in a van at the beach.

I like working with this new young generation.
Like me, they value experiences above material possessions.

·
Registered
20,718 Posts
In Taiwan, that is not much of an issue, people are willing to do what is best for the whole.
It would be a good time to teach some of that here.

I suppose in Taiwan, if they might be caught by the temperature monitors, maybe put in some kind of quarantine. They were much better prepared than we are.
Slave mentality...

Just like the sheep like you...

·
Registered
27,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
You write like someone from the ghetto.

Having them as customers is different than living with them.

Considering that you don't know what I have done, you are unable to judge my success.

Teaching Engineering at NASA JPL is success in my chosen field of engineering.
Making parts that are on the space station is success in my chosen hobby of machine work.
Designing the way modern counterweight are computed in high end racing V8's is success in motorsports.
Working at HPD designing and making parts for Honda Indy engine is success in motor sports.
Designing and making the metal parts for $million sports cars like the Singer911 is success in the field of exotic cars.
Writing software for cutting edge camshaft design, is success in mathematics.
Designing software and design methods at Mercedes is success in software design and engineering at the most scrutinised level.

I have done exactly what I wanted to do.

The only thing really left on my bucket list is working at Ferrari Power-train Engineering.

·
Registered
27,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
I really don't have time today to lay it all out for him.......as if he didn't already know.
If you ever have time, I will be interested to read your explanation.

Given the experience you describe, we interact with very different people.

·
Registered
27,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Democrats encouraging people to resist 45...
What are they resisting?
If you understand physics, you are aware that you can only resist an opposing force.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I am in the top 1% in the filed I enjoy, I am happy with that.

Sorry, someone that would make a business like Trump University is a thief and fraud.
I would never do that.

This is just one reason that you can't judge people by their wealth.

Have you ever been around very wealthy people on a day to day basis?
I have, when I was kid growing up on Mercer Island, if I wanted to go skiing, I walked over to my friends house and had the pilot fly us to the top of a mountain by helicopter.
The driver would pick us up at the bottom in a Mercedes Limo.
If we wanted to go ride dirt bikes or go jet skiing, they bought new ones for the outing.
We would eat dinner at Benjamin's at the top of a bank building.
That was an ordinary day.

I was surrounded by people like this so I know it well.

What people that have not experienced it don't know is how sick and dysfunctional those families are.
All the kids grifted money from credit cards and manipulated and back-stabbed each-other.
The selfishness and poor character were multiplied like bacteria in a Petri dish.

In that one family, my friends younger brother hung himself.
His best friend blew himself up in his dorm room with dynamite they took from the family gravel quarry.
The father killed the mother.
My friend got angry at his dog, tied it to the back of his car and dragged it to death. (that was the end of our friendship).

In the time I lived on Mercer Island, I knew more teenagers that committed suicide than I can remember in one sitting.
Drug abuse was rampant.

This was ordinary among extreme wealth.

If you read the book, by Trumps niece about the Trump family dysfunction, you will see parallels.

I hope this will help you understand why I don't chase after wealth and am not impressed by it.
And yet somehow you judge others by it and say you don't.
Just like when you said Kentucky people were poor for the most part and were Trump supporters. Then compared your "crowd" and how they weren't in favor of Trump. Then said; "see how that works?".
I said people like you were weak. Physically and mentally (not book smarts). Then you go and provide proof of this with your family stories of all those weak ass kids doing stupid shit and killing themselves over an easy life. I bet those "poor" Kentucky kids went through a hell of alot more with a hell of alot less and took it in stride and waited on more. That's mentally tough and guarantee of beating your ass any day of the weak. That's physically tough. So you go ahead and look down on those types and they will do the same to you while your on the ground. Now, you'll go say that's "WWE" or whatever. But your opinion isn't one of value to me.

Reactions: RonSmith
281 - 300 of 459 Posts