Yellow Bullet Forums banner

261 - 280 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
9,477 Posts
I am not asking for WWII levels, maybe 1% of that would be great.
We have had bad leadership for a long time, Trump is the end of a progressively worse trend.
I hope the trend reverses.
It won't if we don't elect leaders with good character, that was my objection about Trump from the primary.
He doesn't have good character so he won't lead with good character, I thought this was obvious, either it wasn't or people don't care.

I will say some kids I meet are wise to it. There is reason to be hopeful.
While I agree on poor leadership for a long time it runs much much deeper than that and to even begin to use Trump as a scapegoat is laughable.

Trump is a horses ass but he’s the result not the cause.

The social decay we are witnessing begins in the home or lack thereof and started decades ago.

We now celebrate bad behavior instead of chastising it.

IMHO unless and until traditional values (respect for ones self and others etc) are restored the downward spiral will continue.

·
Registered
27,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
While I agree on poor leadership for a long time it runs much much deeper than that and to even begin to use Trump as a scapegoat is laughable.

Trump is a horses ass but he’s the result not the cause.

The social decay we are witnessing begins in the home or lack thereof and started decades ago.

We now celebrate bad behavior instead of chastising it.

IMHO unless and until traditional values (respect for ones self and others etc) are restored the downward spiral will continue.
Agree completely, now we are getting to the point.
So now we can look at some interesting data about the posters on this site.

There are my observations:

Many of them claim to be religious.
They claim that religion is necessary to be good (to put it simply).
They had extraordinary agreement that Trump was the best candidate in the primary.
They enjoyed his bad behaviour in debates.
Made excuses for his bad behavior in life.
Denied or ignored facts about his history.
Ignored anything they didn't want to hear.

All while being critical of opponents slights.
And attacked anyone that challenged the evaluation.

Meanwhile in another thread I ran concurrently about what would make a nonbeliever think god exisits. (there I misspelled it again).
Non-believers were continuously insulted by religious believers in dishonest ways.

In other threads, the religious people are the least Christ like.
When it comes to threat of violence toward me, is has only come from religious people.

The conclusion I draw from this and what is fascinating to me, is that the people that think they are part of what has been traditionally good are actually acting out and voting for what has been traditionally bad.
In other words, their moral compass is broken.

Meanwhile, non religious people like the car painter guy from Utah and JBone that were so good with logic are thoughtful and deliberate in their arguments, they were hated here.

The most hollow insult "liberal" is always the go-to.

This ties into something deeper.

I used to listen to a lot of right wing radio in the 80's, guys that were on weekend morning shows that are now syndicated.

Lets take Dennis Prager.
I used to listen to him when he had a show called Religion On The Line on KABC Sunday nights at 8:00pm I think it was.
He would have representatives from several faiths discuss a topic, he was a Democrat at the time. (like now, I was a Republican, I used to call the show regularly. We had an ongoing argument about CD players and faith, he said that my disbelief of his claims about CD players showed my Atheism made me unable to see truth. As it turned out, he was wrong about how CD players work, his belief was delusional.)
Back to the show. The discussions where academic usually.
Over time, he lost his show and after some time got a show on a much more right wing channel.
His views shifted quickly, he had become Republican and his arguments for religion gradually became less logical.
He gained more listeners, as he became less rational he gained more listeners the following was cult-like.
Now it was a business.
Over time he still claims to be logical but doesn't even try to actually be logical. He says it to make believers feel like they are logical.
Now it has become a racket.

My thesis is that as the people like Prager and Rush were once part of a sincere movement, the movements became business and the business became rackets.
They said whatever would attract an audience that would buy low quality high mark-up products from their advertisers . They told them they were victims of the left and told them that their emotions were good and right, science should not be believed.
Now they promote conspiracy theories. How far they have fallen.
And listeners have fallen with them.

I watched an old video of Rush speaking with Buckley, it was easy to see that he was sincere back then.

So what we see here now is the consequence of a racket and a mirrored one one the left.

The books 1984 and Fahrenheit 911 predicted this in a way and how destructive they would be but didn't predict that there would be significantly competing rackets.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
"My betters"?
Trump isn't better than me, I would never do the dishonorable things he has done.

Easy to see you know nothing about Silicon Valley.

I have never chased wealth, I am only interested in being involved in working on cutting edge technologies.
That has brought me some wealth by coincidence but I don't care much about it.
I would be just as happy living in a van at the beach than an expensive home.
If you were any fucking good at it you would have wealth dip shit.

I know the don't know what they don't know crowd at a glance. The fact that you don't realize how covered you are by trump in every aspect of your existence proves my point.

So instead of getting behind someone proven better, smarter, more driven then you will ever be, you choose to undermine. Not able to imagine the strategies involved in his goals.

I'm just thankful great leaders like trump won't miss a beat over of the little people whining at their feet.

·
42,385 Posts
I didn’t vote for Trump so he could be an example of morals. I voted for him because Hillary would’ve gotten the opportunity to place 3 to 4 Supreme judges in her first term. The moral decline caused by that would’ve affected my grand kids, and even their grand kids.

My kids understand it, and my grand kids are still too young to pay any attention to it all. Guys like schmitty will never admit that the Democrats need to be stopped.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts

They had extraordinary agreement that Trump was the best candidate in the primary.

Meanwhile in another thread I ran concurrently about what would make a nonbeliever think god exisits. (there I misspelled it again).
Non-believers were continuously insulted by religious believers in dishonest ways.

When it comes to threat of violence toward me, is has only come from religious people.

The conclusion I draw from this and what is fascinating to me, is that the people that think they are part of what has been traditionally good are actually acting out and voting for what has been traditionally bad.

Meanwhile, non religious people like the car painter guy from Utah and JBone that were so good with logic are thoughtful and deliberate in their arguments, they were hated here.

I used to listen to a lot of right wing radio in the 80's, guys that were on weekend morning shows that are now syndicated.

Lets take Dennis Prager.
I used to listen to him when he had a show called Religion On The Line on KABC Sunday nights at 8:00pm I think it was.
He would have representatives from several faiths discuss a topic, he was a Democrat at the time. (like now, I was a Republican, I used to call the show regularly. We had an ongoing argument about CD players and faith, he said that my disbelief of his claims about CD players showed my Atheism made me unable to see truth. As it turned out, he was wrong about how CD players work, his belief was delusional.)
Over time, he lost his show and after some time got a show on a much more right wing channel.
His views shifted quickly, he had become Republican and his arguments for religion gradually became less logical.
He gained more listeners, as he became less rational he gained more listeners the following was cult-like.
Now it was a business.
Over time he still claims to be logical but doesn't even try to actually be logical. He says it to make believers feel like they are logical.

My thesis is that as the people like Prager and Rush were once part of a sincere movement, the movements became business and the business became rackets.
They said whatever would attract an audience that would buy low quality high mark-up products from their advertisers . They told them they were victims of the left and told them that their emotions were good and right, science should not be believed.

I watched an old video of Rush speaking with Buckley, it was easy to see that he was sincere back then.

So what we see here now is the consequence of a racket and a mirrored one one the left.

The books 1984 and Fahrenheit 911 predicted this in a way and how destructive they would be but didn't predict that there would be significantly competing rackets.

My moral compass is not broken. I will hold it up to you any day of the year. Many here can and would do the same.

I believe you to be learned, but self absorbed. I am not a follower by any stretch of the sort, and this is my conclusion of your performance here. I and others have listened to your degradations, and they are not morally supported by your thesis of the men and women of this forum. There are some amazingly intelligent folks that frequent here, and you are one of them.

Me, I am an asshole. The nicest asshole you may ever meet, but still an asshole. That being said, I can keep up with the class. Enjoy your day.

·
Registered
27,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #267 (Edited)
If you were any fucking good at it you would have wealth dip shit.

I know the don't know what they don't know crowd at a glance. The fact that you don't realize how covered you are by trump in every aspect of your existence proves my point.

So instead of getting behind someone proven better, smarter, more driven then you will ever be, you choose to undermine. Not able to imagine the strategies involved in his goals.

I'm just thankful great leaders like trump won't miss a beat over of the little people whining at their feet.
I am in the top 1% in the filed I enjoy, I am happy with that.

Sorry, someone that would make a business like Trump University is a thief and fraud.
I would never do that.

This is just one reason that you can't judge people by their wealth.

Have you ever been around very wealthy people on a day to day basis?
I have, when I was kid growing up on Mercer Island, if I wanted to go skiing, I walked over to my friends house and had the pilot fly us to the top of a mountain by helicopter.
The driver would pick us up at the bottom in a Mercedes Limo.
If we wanted to go ride dirt bikes or go jet skiing, they bought new ones for the outing.
We would eat dinner at Benjamin's at the top of a bank building.
That was an ordinary day.

I was surrounded by people like this so I know it well.

What people that have not experienced it don't know is how sick and dysfunctional those families are.
All the kids grifted money from credit cards and manipulated and back-stabbed each-other.
The selfishness and poor character were multiplied like bacteria in a Petri dish.

In that one family, my friends younger brother hung himself.
His best friend blew himself up in his dorm room with dynamite they took from the family gravel quarry.
The father killed the mother.
My friend got angry at his dog, tied it to the back of his car and dragged it to death. (that was the end of our friendship).

In the time I lived on Mercer Island, I knew more teenagers that committed suicide than I can remember in one sitting.
Drug abuse was rampant.

This was ordinary among extreme wealth.

If you read the book, by Trumps niece about the Trump family dysfunction, you will see parallels.

I hope this will help you understand why I don't chase after wealth and am not impressed by it.

·
Registered
27,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
I didn’t vote for Trump so he could be an example of morals. I voted for him because Hillary would’ve gotten the opportunity to place 3 to 4 Supreme judges in her first term. The moral decline caused by that would’ve affected my grand kids, and even their grand kids.

My kids understand it, and my grand kids are still too young to pay any attention to it all. Guys like schmitty will never admit that the Democrats need to be stopped.
Sorry if i was not clear, I was talking about voting for him in the primary.

·
Registered
27,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
My moral compass is not broken. I will hold it up to you any day of the year. Many here can and would do the same.

I believe you to be learned, but self absorbed. I am not a follower by any stretch of the sort, and this is my conclusion of your performance here. I and others have listened to your degradations, and they are not morally supported by your thesis of the men and women of this forum. There are some amazingly intelligent folks that frequent here, and you are one of them.

Me, I am an asshole. The nicest asshole you may ever meet, but still an asshole. That being said, I can keep up with the class. Enjoy your day.
Thanks for reading my thesis.

·
Registered
16,025 Posts

Lets take Dennis Prager.
Now it was a business.

You'd have us swear ourselves to big corporations........that in fact are owned by china.

Yep........I short listed your agenda.

·
Registered
27,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
You'd have us swear ourselves to big corporations........that in fact are owned by china.

Yep........I short listed your agenda.
How did you jump to that conclusion?

Do you think Trump is going to stop big corporations?

·
Registered
27,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
Lol. For someone that seems so smart, you really do show signs of lacking common sense.
My opinion then, and now, is that Hillary would’ve beaten ANY of the other candidates.
Interesting

Both Hillary and Trump had the lowest likeability ratings of all of the candidates.
Yet they won the primary.
This supports my thesis.

·
Registered
27,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
In all my social circles, all I hear is talk of civil war.
That is interesting, can you describe your social circles?
Where do they live, what do they do for a living.
What is the divide for the war?

Never heard it anywhere, in my previous job, I traveled about 150 days a year.

Perhaps it would be a good time to have a leader that is a uniter rather than a divider.

·
Registered
16,025 Posts
That is interesting, can you describe your social circles?
Where do they live, what do they do for a living.
What is the divide for the war?

Never heard it anywhere, in my previous job, I traveled about 150 days a year.

Perhaps it would be a good time to have a leader that is a uniter rather than a divider.
We're not the ones doing the dividing.........
That last comment has revealed who and what you're all about.

Your agenda here is failing.............maybe you should try harder?

261 - 280 of 459 Posts