runs 6.40s 10.20s
60" suck 1.45-1,55s on footbrake slight tire slipadge some passes
"car just leaves no wieght transfer feels like its on blocks"
all fiberglass wieghs 2595 no driver
would better shocks all around help

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
So your rear shocks are Comp Engineering coil-overs? Or Comp Engineering shocks and coil-over springs in the stock location?

A video would help A LOT. A video showing the front tire and back tire during launch to see what it's doing.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wish i could video but im a solo operation. they are the cheapo economy coil spring with shocks and adjustable brackets..i thought about doing the qa1 coilover front conversion.at same time as new rears if needed i have acsess to someone that can scale the car and corner balance but hes a pro drift car driver and needs me to tell him how to set up weight balance.. the car doesnt squat at all like i see every g body do. it has double adj upper and lower rear with spherical rod ends. and a track bar...i removed track bar and car has so much body roll it want to roll over when driving. i do have pics of the rear suspension i will post

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
the coil overs are relocted not in stock location ."second page" has rear suspension pictiures best i can do at work set up bought car this way asked before about the track or panard bar everyone stated remove it but like i said it has massive body roll i tried to make a pass without it and almost ran into wall went straight to right at luanch put it back on and had 1.45 60 dead straight luanch but feel like its so stiff with panard bar that it wont let suspension work

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
A panhard bar doesn't belong on a stock type suspension G-body. They don't control twist anyways (or body roll), they just control side to side movement which on a G-body the upper control arms do that. You need an anti-roll bar to control body roll and twist. If you're running with the panhard bar hooked up, you're most likely just binding up the whole rear suspension and not letting it travel correctly... which would be a big part of your issue.

In the video, it does start transferring weight... you can see the front end rise and pull the tires, then spin. Most likely you need a better set of front shocks that get tighter to slow the front end rise down. It looks like you're topping the front shocks out too quickly, which is common with Comp Engineering shocks.

I'd suggest better shocks front and rear for sure along with new rear coil-over springs. And an anti-roll bar to control the body roll and force the rear tires to plant evenly. Then get the car scaled and aligned to make sure the weights are where they need to be and to make sure the rearend is centered and squared in the car.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks thats the news i needed. any sujestion on front shocks or qa1 gr401 coil overs. i have the behive 350# springs allready but no shocks. or keeep the moog v6 springs and get just new shocks. will order anti roll bar today

1 - 9 of 9 Posts