Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its all done. Hardest thing I have ever gone through. Still healing and getting used to the "new" eating schedule. Down 82lbs so far.

·
Not Just Another Game
1,560 Posts
Congrats on the weight loss to date...tough road, but I am sure you will be happy and healthier in a few months...

·
having fun
31,275 Posts
your already 8/10's faster

easiest mod youve ever done on the car!!

just not as easy on yourself-i wish you a speedy recovery and have fun with your newfound freedom

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
Well its all done. Hardest thing I have ever gone through. Still healing and getting used to the "new" eating schedule. Down 82lbs so far.
Good Luck.My wife has an aunt that had in done 5 yrs ago when she weighed 285 lbs.She is now a 260 lb woman with a million stomach problems.Constipation,diarhea and a restricted diet suck for her.

·
Registered
21,499 Posts
Good Luck.My wife has an aunt that had in done 5 yrs ago when she weighed 285 lbs.She is now a 260 lb woman with a million stomach problems.Constipation,diarhea and a restricted diet suck for her.
Not unusual. It makes losing weight do-able for most who can't on their own but there is a price to pay, for sure.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Good lucky with it!!!

This may sound crazy, but I have been married twice, (that is not the crazy part) BOTH my X wives, AND mother-in-laws have had gastric bypass.. My first mother-in-law was WAY overweight, and had many health issues, she would probably be dead today if she had not had the bypass. My first X battled with weight issues a couple yrs. after we were married, and for many years after we were devorced, she made the choice to go through the surgery too, well today she is remarried to a doctor, and looks more beautiful then ever, I came across her on facebook, she looks fuckin' hot, not that she wasn't when we met, but now she is well into her 40's..

My second wife also had battles with weight, she was 5'7", natural blond, and had been involved with modeling before we met, she started to have issues with weight, it got outta control, she never could get a handle on it, then decided to have the surgery after her mom had it...

Here is the kicker, my second wife made the arrangements with the doctor so my first mother-in-law could get in with the doctor that did hers, he is one of the top doctors in the world for GB surgery, and you got the rest of the story..

Very weird story when you think about it.... :rolleyes:

The first few months can be very rough, I have personally involved with the process and seen it with my own eyes a number of times, I guess you can say I am an authority on GB surgery w/o ever having it done.

If you have any questions and want to talk to someone who has had it done, I am sure I could get you in contact with my X, she would be someone great to talk to during those rough times, and I am sure you have had them, and will for a while, but you will get them sorted out and go on with your life, as a shadow of your old self! :smt023

Let me know, and I will get a hold of her, we talk all the time.

·
I forgot what to do next!
6,090 Posts
DUDE! Don't fuckin leave us! Come back to the darkside! We got cookies and shit! LOL! Hope it works out for ya. Kinda turned me off when they said I'd have to cut out steak! Well nice talkin to ya,I got a Golden Corral to destroy! LOL!
Im down with the golden corral Stanley they call in overtime help when I walk in.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Congrats on the loss. What has been the hardest part so far?

I have a friend that had it done and ended up with a sars infection. Spent 3 weeks in the hospital and just got off of a wound vac yesterday. Surgery was 7 weeks ago and down 65lbs.

Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
Good for you fatkid
, might want to join a support group it's hard to change eating habits by yourself.
We're pulling for ya and good luck,,,TLW.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
It really is pitiful, where people find being morbidly obese funny, I mean the individual themselves, when really they are speaking of committing a slow form of suicide.. I just don't get it, I guess we have went past realizing being obese is a serious health risk, many people today really don't care, it is the new normal, I guess.

I don't always feel bad for adults that have done that to themselves, but they are poisoning their children as well.. I see families walking through the mall, mom is morbidly obese, dad is morbidly obese, and the poor children never even had a chance, they will suffer many forms of illnesses due to their adolescent obesity. Childhood diabetes is almost an epidemic today.. I wish it was a crime, with serious punishment to do that to your children, it makes me very sad..:(

Buddy, I hope you do well with your GB surgery, it was a big decision to make, and won't be easy in the beginning, but as time goes on, it will just become a way of life...

I myself am a 400+ pound guy in a 190 pound body, I could easily be over 400 pounds, but I have made it a lifetime effort to not be that, it ain't easy, either, but I don't like the idea of the alternative.. I am 46 y/o and wear out my 24 y/o buddy in the racquetball court, and he ain't in bad shape, he played football through all his school years, he was a running back.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts