Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Age of Acquiescence
33,079 Posts
, but then these other small stations will have 93 for 2.80. How is it these small indian owned gas stations can have it for so much cheaper? And before you say the gas isnt as good we have checked it several times and it is in fact 93 octane, never pinged or detonated in my car
American Indian?
or Thank you come again Indian??

If American Indian, Id guess no Fed tax

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Don't recall last years price, other than WAY FRIGGIN CHEAPER.

Now, Auburn Hills Michigan, typical $3.29 to $3.39 as of today.

Gas has been pretty consistent @ $3.29 a gallon around here for the last 2 weeks,
Sam's Club has also be consistent @ $2.99 per gallon!

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Technology

·
Pontiac aficionado
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Central NJ.
$3.25 for 87 now.
$2.27 for 87 in September 2020.

With all the oil available to us right here in the lower 48 our fuel should/could cost $1.50 or less / gallon. We have all the resources to be 100% energy independent for 200 years.. It's too bad our idiot gov't don't want us to be.
Remember the pipeline the Democrats shut down. We ARE dependant on foreign oil and don't have to be [email protected]!!!!!!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I work in the oil and gas industry, mark my words, gasoline WILL be over 4.00 a gallon. Crude has been steadily increasing. None of the oil companies have any confidence in this administration ot the US market. Obama gave this industry the largest crash in history and hasn't recovered from that. The age gap of qualified personel in this industry grows and the younger generation has zero interest in working. Oil is at 70'ish a barrel and the rig count is still at 27 a barrel price. Add in all the executive orders stymieing reservoir sustaining operations or new exploration. Tack on Russia's pipeline to Germany that Biden approved, whilst stopping new ones here. Russia isn't in OPEC and can open and close the tap whenever they want and control the world oil market. China is now doubling down on opening their tap after Biden's visit. We went from energy independence to dependent on our enemies within 3 months. Buckle up folks, this is just the beginning.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Fuckin' Obama!

·
Registered
599 Posts
American Indian?
or Thank you come again Indian??

If American Indian, Id guess no Fed tax
No like India Indian. Nice people that own it but there gas is always about .40 cheaper than everywhere and I dont get why. Its near work so I fill up there often and have never had an issue with the gas. How is it they can sell it for so much less but these big name ppaces like BP, shell, etc act like they arent making hardly anything on gas?

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
seems like you guys also have seen a 50% price rise this year... We in Oz have seen about the same where I am too... So I have my doubts that is just your internal politics driving up the price.

·
Registered
599 Posts
seems like you guys also have seen a 50% price rise this year... We in Oz have seen about the same where I am too... So I have my doubts that is just your internal politics driving up the price.
I never thought it was our internal politics, our state has been red for a long time. However I will say it seems the bigger cities within the state that are more blue, do have higher city taxes on certain things/laws for businesses which may play a small part being anytime I go to those cities gas is consistently higher than driving 5 minutes out side city. Now on the other hand, you cross into Illinois and gas is about .65/gal more, and we all know how their state is is with politics. That said tons of Ill residents cross over to fill up, and I would too!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
No like India Indian. Nice people that own it but there gas is always about .40 cheaper than everywhere and I dont get why. Its near work so I fill up there often and have never had an issue with the gas. How is it they can sell it for so much less but these big name ppaces like BP, shell, etc act like they arent making hardly anything on gas?
I can think of a couple things at work here.

Ok, gas is gas. But the additive packages are different. Off brand stations will get generic packages and the name brand stations get the brand specific additives. Not a huge difference but it is something.

Most name brand stations will have specific vendors that supply their fuel. Unless they have a contract with a vendor, an individually owned station is able to shop around somewhat. I live in a refinery town but I know of a couple stations that get some of their fuel from out of town.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts