Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Garrett has finally released the G5744R and it is truly a monster. It already had the killer compressor wheel and housing that is capable of moving over 220LBS of air at pressure ratios exceeding 4:1. This along with the big gains in turbine flow and reduced back pressure equates to 3000HP capability in a single turbo with only a 106mm compressor wheel. The main improvements are on the hot side where they claim gains of up to 28% on the new turbine wheel design. The turbine housings are specific to the G57 and you can see why in the pics as compared to a GT55 housing. They also have a new aluminum center section that helps with weight as well as cooling.

20200323_193334.jpg
20200323_195130.jpg
20200323_192617.jpg
20200323_192704.jpg
G57-_106mm_Compressor-Map-scaled.jpg

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should be better. 118mm turbine inducer and superior design. From what I have seen others do a Gen2 118mm Precision will not make 3000HP. I wish there was some published data on G-trim turbines and different housing sizes. If anyone finds some please post it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
When you get a chance Brian, can you weigh it with the housing on? ... also, what’s the downpipe flange size? Does it take a special flange/clamp?

·
Registered
418 Posts
When you get a chance Brian, can you weigh it with the housing on? ... also, what’s the downpipe flange size? Does it take a special flange/clamp?
It is the standard 5" V-band flange.....just like the T6 housings from Garrett. The Super Core Shipping weight is about 32lbs.....shipping weight on the turbine housings vary from 37-40lbs

·
Registered
9 Posts
cant wait to get a pair on my car
We just got our first shipment of these in from Garrett on Monday.

Stressing the turbine wheel design difference over the GTX5544R's Gen II's is hard to elaborate until seen in person.
The guys in the shop are going to do some testing on Shredder with one of these on the manifold with same the two GTX55 106's as primaries that are on it.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
We just got our first shipment of these in from Garrett on Monday.

Stressing the turbine wheel design difference over the GTX5544R's Gen II's is hard to elaborate until seen in person.
The guys in the shop are going to do some testing on Shredder with one of these on the manifold with same the two GTX55 106's as primaries that are on it.
I spent a lot of time looking over it at PRI and discussing with garrett Australia, got a pretty good idea how they will work over the current Gen 2 98mm. the compressor wheel is the same and we have no problems making 70psi, the extra flow on the back will allow us to change up some stuff to make a good bit more power

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I should have started out with a BIG THANKS to Mike at Turbos Direct. I have been worrying him about buying one of these for weeks, getting weekly (sometimes daily) updates on price and availability. I am very happy to say I got one(1) of the first three(3) available in the country and at a really good price. Brian Brown at Quick Time Motorsports is also a great source for Garrett turbos that I have dealt with on several occasions including where I bought my pair of GTX5533R's. So if you are not too worried about Covid-19 and need a badass turbo these guys are who I would call !!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I spent a lot of time looking over it at PRI and discussing with garrett Australia, got a pretty good idea how they will work over the current Gen 2 98mm. the compressor wheel is the same and we have no problems making 70psi, the extra flow on the back will allow us to change up some stuff to make a good bit more power
I apologize if my message seemed contradicting. I assumed you were after the turbine gain over the 55s current setup is why I emphasized on that. If you don’t have a line on them already or have a hard time getting them due to the pandemic, let me know. I may be able to help out. I’ve got three of the New G57s on the shelf. And stock two of each size GTX5533s and GTX5544s plus turbine housings of each size.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I apologize if my message seemed contradicting. I assumed you were after the turbine gain over the 55s current setup is why I emphasized on that. If you don’t have a line on them already or have a hard time getting them due to the pandemic, let me know. I may be able to help out. I’ve got three of the New G57s on the shelf. And stock two of each size GTX5533s and GTX5544s plus turbine housings of each size.

Me too......Garrett is dumping them on me. I ordered a pile though. I have 30 Super Cores on the Shelf and 40 Turbine housings. 88's, 94, 98's, 102's, and 106's all in stock.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you talking about the mounting boss' cast into the housing??

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hell I thought that was obvious. Been required to pass SFI and/or to run NHRA Pro Mod, etc

1 - 20 of 42 Posts