Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an old 1970s GE Fridge in my garage till summer of last year and it finally took a crap. I replaced it with a Frigidaire and in 4 months it has stopped cooling. Lowes sent a repair guy out and he said the garage was too cold for the fridge. He told me that the older models were better insulated then new models.

Lowes is going to take the Fridge back, as long as I buy another from them. Have any of you guys purchased a new fridge and had no problems with it being in the garage where temps can go from 100 in the summer and Freezing in the winter? If so let me know the brand.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
the frost free ones do not like it in the cold,as in a garage that is uninsulated .

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Problem being Lowes fridges are junk. I think they are all damaged or "reconditioned" but they sell them for new.
do ya have experiences in this ????

·
YB Managing Editor
51,465 Posts
Problem being Lowes fridges are junk. I think they are all damaged or "reconditioned" but they sell them for new.
Are you fucking smoking crack?

Lowes is now the largest appliance seller in the US. They didn't get there by selling used damaged shit. WTF!! :roll:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Refrigerators take thier temp and run time is dependant on refrig temp-therefore if it's in the 50s 0r cooler in garage it does not have to run long to get down to approx 38 and the freezer suffers from short run-time.User guide will tell you in a controlled enviroment.No-one would be allowed to selljunk.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
We throw away about 20 household style refrig's a year--can't use them in commercial restaurants--too bad you are not closer--you could haul one away.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
I didnt know this on the refrigerators,I appreciate the heads up-I know ours had a split in the gasket and it didnt cool as well in the summer.we have a mobile home and the insulation is not to good.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't understand, if your garage isn't heated and its freezing in the garage what do you expect the fridge to do heat your stuff to keep it from freezing?? if its that cold why even plug the fridge in... Maybe I'm wrong but if the temp outside the fridge is colder then the temp the fridge is set on I wouldn't expect it to work either IMO................

1 - 18 of 18 Posts