Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shop is in use at this time. It is 32 x 42 and I don't have a way to empty the shop completely to do the floor all at once.

Can I do the floor in sections and then once the one side has cured move everything to that side and do the opposite side? I am sure I can just will have to divide the materials into managable parts so the pot life of the epoxy doesn't bite me.

If so how would I protect the cured side when I prep opposite side?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have done alot of floors with epoxy. I would say do it all at once if at all possible. The product I use only has a pot life of about a hr once mixed. Depending on what product you use this could be different. If you need to know more just PM me. Ill give you the product I use, It with stands 18 wheelers all day.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I used the U-Coat It kits with the clear top coat. It was a lot of work to properly prep the concrete. Iused a floor buffer with abrasive scotch pads and muratic acid then a hot water power washer with strong detergent. The clear top coat has very very strong fumes. Would be best if you could get everything out (storage pods?), I have seen other floors fail with bad prep. The paint takes awhile to fully cure recomemnded that mylar type film is placed under tires to avoid black marks at first.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
We just did ours with the QuickCrete system from lowes and did one side at a time. We waited 3 days before we even touched the fresh floor, everything seemed to work out ok. Would have went with Ucoat but the cost for material was about 700.00 more than the quick-crete, money is tight.
ck out this link
http://forum.doityourself.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17
You may to join the site and do a search.
i used the data and called Quick-crete before i even started. Like the previous poster said it is 2 part mix and has a pot life of about 2.5 hours however we broke each half of the garage in 2 sections with tape and parting lines.
Good Luck
Bobh

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I like the "military issue" aircraft hanger floor paint......nice stuff.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You'll have to get some WD40 first to lube up those jackstands and get the car off of them first! :supz:

Sorry Eric, I couldn't resist. :p
I figured someone would do it. :finga:

No worries...I got casters for when that time comes to move it around.

I am just not in the mood to bring it out in the same configuration it is in now and has been for years. So I will work on the shop and get it a little more work friendly. :-D

Expecially since I have become a Pro Outlaw 14.5" Racer:p

·
Greg Zoetmulder
1,951 Posts
Jason from Factor Floor Doc............He sells the product for that stuff. and is an awesome guy to talk too if you have a question.

Office: Factory Floor Doc, Inc.
23611 N. Overhill Dr.
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
Phone/Fax: (847) 540-7445
Email: [email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts