Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
doing it right
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did a search and coulnt find so im asking- what are you guys using to make your floors look better - mine is a little worse for ware- wanna spice it up a little- dont want to spend thousands either

show me what ya got

·
Registered
589 Posts
You are lucky Mr. Bruno...my woman won't let me bring my car into the kitchen.:(

·
Registered
655 Posts
Rustoleum Garage Floor epoxy paint kit.

Found at Home Depot, etc. etc.

takes two kits for a two-car garage.

mine is still in good shape after 5 years.

·
Registered
43,042 Posts
Don't paint or poly it if there is no vapor barrier under the cement, it will lift and look like ass in the end.

·
Trump Voter NRA Member
7,449 Posts
Don't paint or poly it if there is no vapor barrier under the cement, it will lift and look like ass in the end.
X2
I used PPG stuff, worked great. PPG told me to grind the floor first before painting it. don't mix more than a couple of gallons at a time, it could kick before you are done. 10 gallons of paint, hardner, rollers spike shoes and rental of floor grinder was less than a $1000

·
Registered
21,609 Posts
Bruno, is that ceramic tile? If not, what material?

·
www.429-460.com
3,565 Posts
Bruno, is that ceramic tile? If not, what material?

yep just a cheap ceramic .... lowes had a sale on some ..... buts its all in the cement and the grout that make s it last .... i had drop tools , jacks stands, headers etc all on that tile and it never cracked ...... also it never had an issue sweating ......

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm biting the bullet and ordering Racedeck Monday. Qualified for the $6500 house upgrade tax credit and wife said we might as well use some to improve the house so I jumped all over that!

·
Registered
10,001 Posts
If it is RAW concrete use H&C Xylene Concrete Stain. Buy it at Sherwin Williams. DO NOT use any latex based product, it won't stick.
Wash the floor with muriatic acid , rinse well , let it dry over nite.
Buy "throw away" rollers. You'll need about 5 gal ($150 ) to do 2 coats on a 2 car garage. This stuff is not a paint, it is a stain and can be touched up if needed.
I've been doing this for 20years and this is the only product I will put a warranty on.
I'm going to do mine in Vinyl Commercial tile,,in a checkered flag pattern ($400.00)

·
Grade 8 Motorsports
4,617 Posts
If it is RAW concrete use H&C Xylene Concrete Stain. Buy it at Sherwin Williams. DO NOT use any latex based product, it won't stick.
Buy "throw away" rollers. You'll need about 5 gal ($150 ) to do 2 coats on a 2 car garage. This stuff is not a paint, it is a stain and can be touched up if needed.
I've been doing this for 20years and this is the only product I will put a warranty on.
I'm going to do mine in Vinyl Commercial tile,,in a checkered flag pattern ($400.00)

I'm about to do my garage floor and am trying to decide between vinyl tile and stain/paint. Any suggestions on a good place to source the vinyl tile?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I did mine in that Quickcrete brand bought at Lowes....still looks good after a year,easy clean-up of oil and such. I did a test with the paint stick I used to mix with...I let it soak in Brake Kleen for 2 weeks.... never softened or pealed.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I would stay away from any paint product. I did a garage that way years ago, and it just doesn't hold up well to tires and tools. Epoxy can be nice, and expensive. I'm thinking of doing a stain/clear on my basement floor. I think the stains look very nice.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Vinyl rolls at Costco

Don't waste your time or money with the paint on stuff. Go to Costco and get the rolls of garage floor vinyl. it's like 7 feet wide and 17 ft long. Same shit they put in the galley floors of airplanes. Thick and will last forever. Use double sided tape at the seems. Shit is indestructible. it is not on the website that I can see but I did see it in the store. It is kinda like the moto flooring they have but in a big roll. Just lay it out in the sun to relax it before installing. Trust me, it blows away the coatings.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
now i thought that you had to use a latex base on a concrete floor and not an oil base because if there is any moisture under the concrete the oil base will just lift?

·
Registered
10,001 Posts
now i thought that you had to use a latex base on a concrete floor and not an oil base because if there is any moisture under the concrete the oil base will just lift?
WRONG,,

H&C is Xylene based not oil based

1 - 20 of 27 Posts