Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have done your own garage floor what is a good durable coating? I'm looking to do a solid color not the flakes but it needs to stand up to engine R n R,spills etc. and look good,thanks

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
anything that is SOLVENT epoxy or solvent concrete stain. both are hot tire and fluid resistant. prefer PPG products

·
On the roller...
15,867 Posts
Polish is best. If you can't do that, go with this stuff... I've had great results and used it on more than just concrete. http://www.epoxy-coat.com/

·
Registered
30 Posts
Polish is best. If you can't do that, go with this stuff... I've had great results and used it on more than just concrete. http://www.epoxy-coat.com/

My buddy and myself have both used the above on our garages. I used the anti-skid in the top coat and he did not. I was upset when mine was all done because it was no where near as glossy as his. But that shit is like glass when something is spilled on it without the anti-skid . He re-top coated with the anti-skid after almost falling on his ass a could times.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
That would be my concern if it is slick or not. Use to work on my car at a shop that was coated and it was slick no matter what. I have also seen a few that don't like hot tires or a jack being used on top of it.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
That would be my concern if it is slick or not. Use to work on my car at a shop that was coated and it was slick no matter what. I have also seen a few that don't like hot tires or a jack being used on top of it.
ho tire roll up is a big issue. shark grip additive for sure. go to ppg.com and check out the procedure for proper prep

·
Registered
130 Posts
i used u coat it in my new shop and its holding up great

·
On the roller...
15,867 Posts
My buddy and myself have both used the above on our garages. I used the anti-skid in the top coat and he did not. I was upset when mine was all done because it was no where near as glossy as his. But that shit is like glass when something is spilled on it without the anti-skid . He re-top coated with the anti-skid after almost falling on his ass a could times.
I don't anti-skid mine. I just walk with short steps like I'm out on the ice. :D

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
H & C polish?

No...this is polished. And no, nothing rivals the performance of this type of floor. Because there is nothing there to fail.

·
Registered
22,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No...this is polished. And no, nothing rivals the performance of this type of floor. Because there is nothing there to fail.

How did you get the spot look, I just have good old concrete,looking for a semi gloss with a non skid.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
How did you get the spot look, I just have good old concrete,looking for a semi gloss with a non skid.

Lots of Grinding. That is just the aggregate showing.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sherwin Williams Tile Clad Epoxy. Did mine in light grey. Super durable and been on there for 6 years so far. Wife parks hot tires onvit everyday and no issues. The key is surface prep. You need to etch it with muratic acid. I did 50% mixture with water. Etched it twice. You can drag anything across it and it will not flake.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts